SeedMoney school garden grants: step-by-step application instructions

Roger Doiron

Oct 25, 2019, 5:56:53 PM10/25/19
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Dear School Garden Colleagues,

SeedMoney, a 501c3 nonprofit, runs a once-a-year "crowdgranting" opportunity (deadline: November 12) open to school and youth gardens without any geographic restrictions. Funds can be used to start a new garden project or sustain an existing one.

Participating projects set up crowdfunding pages for themselves using our custom-built software and use our challenge grants to motivate donors from within their communities to give. Over the past 4 years, we've helped 1100 garden projects raise nearly $900,000 which means that the average project raises roughly $800 with many projects raising $1500 or more. We're offering 255 grants this year on a sliding scale ($50-$700) to accommodate a wide range of projects, big, small, those who have raised funds online before and those who haven't.

Below, you'll find an email explaining how to apply. It only takes 5 minutes to get an application started and less than 30 minutes to complete one if you have a photo or two handy. Please consider forwarding this message to a teacher, parent, or administrator who you think might find it of interest.

Thanks very much,

Roger Doiron

Roger Doiron | Founder & Director, SeedMoney

3 Powderhorn Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074

Phone: (207) 956-0606 | Facebook | Twitter | InstagramLinkedIn

ro...@seedmoney.org |  www.seedmoney.org

Take Action: Apply for a garden grant 💰 Subscribe 📧

Don't miss our once-a-year funding opportunity Can't see images? Click here...

Days Left to Apply:

SeedMoney is awarding 255 grants this fall, our biggest round ever with more than $40,000 in funding up for grabs. With our November 12th grant deadline coming up next month, I wanted to share just how easy it is for you to start a grant application.

Click here if you applied for SeedMoney funding in the past 2 years as we have special, even easier instructions for you. All others follow the instructions below.

1. Go to https://donate.seedmoney.org/ and click on the “Start” link in the main menu

2. This will open a new page for registering or logging in. If you have never used the SeedMoney platform before, you'll need to register by filling out the section under the text "New to SeedMoney?" at the right. If you have already used SeedMoney before, you can log in on the left.

3. Upon registering, your account will be automatically and instantaneously confirmed. Use your email and password to log in on the left:

4. Once you’re logged in, you should be taken to the campaign start page, but if you’re not, you can get there by clicking the “Start” link referred to in step 1 above or by going here: https://donate.seedmoney.org/start. Name your campaign and click on the green “Start Campaign” button.

Congrats!  If you've followed the steps above, you've successfully started and saved your grant application. You can edit it as many times as you'd like right up until the November 12th deadline.  Finding your draft application/campaign is even easier than starting one. All you need to do is log back into the site and you'll see that the "Start" button has now been replaced by an "Edit My Campaign" button.

If you're having any problems getting started or just want to know if SeedMoney funding is right for your project, please feel free to contact me directly by phone (207.956.0606) or by email (ro...@seedmoney.org) for one-one-one assistance.

Best wishes from Maine,

Roger Doiron
SeedMoney founder and weeder-in-chief

SHARE TWEET FORWARD

SeedMoney is a Maine-based 501c3 nonprofit helping food gardens and gardeners to grow and thrive. We value your privacy and won't share your personal info with any third parties.

SeedMoney, 3 Powderhorn Drive, Scarborough, ME 04074    Tax-exempt ID: 56-2389230

You received this email because you either signed up on our website or donated to one of our garden projects.

Unsubscribe

image.gif