ISO examples of a sustainability and wellness campaign

Karyn Novakowski

Nov 6, 2019, 11:53:52 AM11/6/19
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for examples of school or town based sustainability and wellness campaigns that encompass school gardens, local food production, waste reduction, responsible consumption, and nutrition education.

Maybe something like 95210 (http://www.safehealthychildren.org/95210-lets-go-2/) meets reduce, reuse, recycle, compost, and consume responsibly?

Please share if you know of one!

Thanks,
Karyn Novakowski

Jezra Thompson

Nov 6, 2019, 4:13:23 PM11/6/19
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a sustainability plan meets wellness plan. Our District wellness policy (being updated now, here) outlines comprehensive health education, including our garden based learning (lessons on the 5Rs and other sustainability lessons free for download on our website), and references our sustainability plan (being updated now, here). Both of these plans/policies encompass school gardens, local food procurement for our nutrition services, and sustainability.

Jezra Thompson, MS
Supervisor, Gardening & Cooking Programs
Berkeley Unified School District

We're affecting change in our community with improved health for students and families! Learn more about our District-wide garden-based and nutrition education, where you can review our Program Annual Reports, download curriculum, and check out the Berkeley High School student video that captures the heart of what we do.

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook