Fwd: Participate as an expert in school garden research

Tristana Pirkl

Apr 21, 2021, 4:50:31 PM4/21/21
to school-gar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Check out a paid opportunity to be involved with school garden research, specifically as it relates to communities. All details below.

Best,
Tristana

Tristana Pirkl
Program Manager
School Garden Support Organization (SGSO) Network
(She/Her)
www.sgsonetwork.org

---
Subject: Participate as an expert in school garden research

Dear colleagues,

As I’m sure you know, research has revealed that partnerships between school gardens and their communities (the school community, community gardens, and the community-at-large) are critically important to sustain school gardens, but are underdeveloped by most school gardeners. We are reaching out to solicit your participation, to generate ideas about how schools can better connect with communities.

To participate requires 90 minutes of your time on a virtual platform to generate short phrases that describe specific strategies that schools could use to better integrate their garden with the school community, community gardens, and/or community-at-large. After you spend about 60 minutes generating ideas (on your own time), we will come together for a 30-minute debrief session to review the list generated, reflect, and make suggestions to clarify, add or enhance any of the ideas. In addition, we will ask that you provide some basic information about yourself and your experience in school gardening. The 30-minute Zoom debrief will happen during the week of May 17th.

Upon completion of the de-brief session, we will compensate you $40, as a token of our appreciation for your time and attention. We do not believe there is any negative outcome or risks to participating in this study.

If you are interested in participating, please complete the survey at this link or email me at Katheri...@lehman.cuny.edu.

Thank you for considering participating. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at the same address above.

Sincerely,

Kate Burt, PhD, RDN

Assistant Professor, Dietetics Foods and Nutrition