Harvest Tacos and next Thursday's discussion group on seed saving and harvesting

Tessa Stiven

Sep 15, 2023, 4:02:45 PM9/15/23
to School garden google group
Hello school garden folks,

I hope you are all getting into the swing of September!

It was great to see folks who joined us in this week's School Garden Mentorship workshop on seed saving and harvesting. If you'd like to dive deeper into the conversation about seed saving and fall harvesting, or you missed the workshop and are curious to learn about this topic, please join us at our discussion group on Thursday, September 21st from 3:30-4:30.  Register here.

A reminder that the recording of this week's workshop, along with the slideshow and links to resources, are posted in our program library. Access it here

In the workshop, Kaylin and I shared pictures of our harvest tacos, thanks to inspiration from Chris Brown in his June presentation.  We'd love to see what your garden is serving up! Please send photos of your harvest tacos, or other September garden pictures, to this listserv. Let's inspire each other!

In community,

Tessa

Tessa Stiven (she/her)
Central Island Region Community Animator, F2SBC
Public Health Association of BC

I acknowledge that Central Island regional hub programming operates on the territories of the Snuneymuxw, Stz’uminus, Snaw-naw-as, Hupačasath, Tse-shaht, Huu-ay-aht, Ditidaht, Hesquiaht, Ahousaht, Tla-o-qui-aht, Toquaht, Yuu-cluth-aht and Uchucklesaht First Nations. I live on the unceded territory of the people of the Quw'utsun Nation, who have lived here since time immemorial.

I work part-time with the following hours: Mon 8-5 / Wed 9-12 / Thurs 9-12 / Fri 12-4