Join us for March's School Garden Mentorship workshop this coming Tuesday, March 12th!

Sonya Rokosh

Mar 6, 2024, 12:25:40 PMMar 6
to school-garde...@googlegroups.com

Hello School Garden Mentorship Community,

Our next workshop is just around the corner, Tuesday, March 12th from 3:30-4:30.

Our School Garden Mentors for this session are:
🌱 Geoff Styles, SD83 North-Okanagan, Shuswap
🌱 Ceren Caner, SD83 North-Okanagan, Shuswap
🌱 Sonya Rokosh, SD 73 Kamloops-Thompson & Farm to School BC

Geoff and Ceren are founding members and directors of the Shuswap Outdoor Learning Foundation, who also teach full-time with the Outdoor Learning Program at South Canoe Elementary in Salmon Arm (SD 83).

Geoff is a grade 7/8 teacher who has done bird conservation work in Canada and South Korea, where he led student outdoor learning programs in Busan for three years. In his free time, Geoff loves hiking, birding, cross-country skiing, and spending time with his wife, Emily, and their two young children.

Ceren is a grade 4/5 teacher with a Master’s degree in Environmental Education and Communication and experience teaching at outdoor schools across the province. Ceren enjoys hiking, biking, and skiing with his children in tow.

Sonya, a Farm to School BC Community Animator and on-call elementary teacher in SD 73, she studied Environmental Studies and Environmental Restoration at the University of Victoria, complemented by horticulture training at Thompson Rivers University. Days away from finishing her Master's in Environmental Education and Communications at Royal Roads University, Sonya has over 15 years of experience in outdoor education with children and youth. Outside of work, she enjoys pottery, yoga, and writing letters to her many pen pals!

In this workshop, we will cover:
✔️ Indoor growing in the classroom - looking at starting seedlings for your gardens & creative approaches
✔️ Putting your garden design into ACTION
✔️ Different options for garden beds
✔️Collaboration and community involvement in the building process

See you there,

Tessa and Sonya

Sonya Rokosh, (She/Her)

Kamloops Regional Animator, Farm to School BC

a program of the Public Health Association of BC

sonya....@farmtoschoolbc.ca

www.farmtoschoolbc.ca

 I acknowledge that I work, live, and play on the unceded territory of the Secwépemc peoples and offer gratitude for the knowledge and wisdom of this sacred place.