CFP: ULCON 2021 - Liberation and Joy

1 view

Gruzynski, Vicki

Jan 20, 2021, 10:51:09 AM1/20/21

ULCON 2021 - Liberation and Joy

Libraries are often thought of as places first, whether as book repositories as community spaces or even as ad hoc social service offices. What if we began to see them as spaces for community liberation instead? What if we saw libraries as a vehicle for creating joy?

What would that look like, and how would that change our libraries and ourselves?

The 2021 Urban Librarians Conference will focus on librarians and library staff creating spaces and dreaming up services that help our communities pull together even when things are terrible. What parts of your work do you feel liberate yourself or others? What aspects of your work create joy for you and those in your community?  Join ULU and a few hundred of your closest library friends and share what fuels your library.

Proposal Submission Form: https://2021.urbanlibrariansconference.org/talks/submit-suggestion/

Dates:
Proposal deadline January 15, 2021 EXTENDED: January 22
Registration opens January 1

Registration
Regular Registration $35
Solidarity Registration $70
Bulk (10+) $25
Liberation Registration  (hardship ticket)