NET-HAPPENINGS Digest - 13 Jul 1999 - Special issue (#1999-484)

Automatic digest processor

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
to Recipients of NET-HAPPENINGS digests

Topics in this special issue:

1. RESOUR> [Classroom Connect] New Cold War Web Site
2. Fw: RESOUR> Textile Institute Of Pakistan
3. MISC> [WebSiteDaily] Site submission from Vermont
4. LISTS> Mailing Lists: Liszt: Education
5. MISC> Literary Movements in American Literature
6. RESOUR> European Forum for Information Sharing (EuFIS)
7. RESOUR> United Nations Foundation (UNF)
8. K12> [edresource] Smithsonian Institution, Copernicus Interactive Create
Interactive
9. K12> [edresource] Teens and Kids Learn the Importance of Giving At
iCanBuy.com
10. K12> [edresource] Quest Education Corporation Selected to Participate

| |
| Archives for Net-Happenings can be found at |
| http://scout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/caservices/net-hap/ |

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:39:02 -0500
From: nikst [mailto:ni...@glasnet.ru]
Subject: RESOUR> Textile Institute Of Pakistan

Textile Institute Of Pakistan
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/6505/

The textile industry - long the mainstay of Pakistan's economy - stands at
the cross roads. A combination of factors ranging from high raw material
prices to increasing competition in the global marketplace is forcing both,
our industrialists and our planners to place greater emphasis on increasing
productivity and enhancing quality. Both aspects need a significant rise in
the number of trained personnel. The Textile Institute of Pakistan seeks to
fill this gap by producing graduates in Textile Science and Textile
Management to man positions of responsibility in Pakistan's key industry.

But more than producing highly trained professionals, TIP intends to
graduate young men and women who are educated in the wider sense of the
word. Today's world demands versatility and awareness of the big picture,
and not just a narrow specialization. Through a modern curriculum, extensive
laboratory and computer facilities, and up-to-date teaching methods, we are
training our students to think for themselves. But even more importantly,
our highly qualified and dedicated faculty are inculcating a practical,
problem-solving approach in our students.

The Institute is fortunate in having the full support of the All Pakistan
Textile Association (APTMA). This close link has made it relatively easy for
our students to train as interns at some of Pakistan's leading weaving and
spinning mills. Similarly, we expect that our graduate will be absorbed in
the industry where they will play a pivotal role in its revival.

(This Introduction is contributed by Mr Irfan Husain, President TIP)

| About TIP |Academic Council | TIP Net Club|
| Campus Facilities | Faculty |Links | Textile Weekly News |

For Admission Queries Contact

Main Campus:

EZ/I/ P-8, Eastern Zone, Port Qasim, Karachi.

Mobile Phone: 0321-7290200-7290300-7290400-7290500
Fax: 0092-21-4533525

Town Office:

A-200 Sindhi Muslim Housing Society,
10th Street, Karachi.

Phone: 0092-21-4549734 & 4549870
Fax: 0092-21-4533525
e-mail: regi...@cyber.net.pk

(c) Textile Institute Of Pakistan 1999 All Rights Reserved

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:53:57 -0500
From: Gleason Sackman <gle...@rrnet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:54:24 -0500
From: nikst [mailto:ni...@orc.ru]

Literary Movements in American Literature
http://www.gonzaga.edu/faculty/campbell/enl311/litfram.html

Literary Movements in American Literature - provides a brief overview,
including definitions and links, of selected movements in American
literature and culture.

Arminianism
Calvinism
Captivity Narratives
Concord Chronology
Conversion Narratives
Covenant Theology
Domestic Fiction
Jeremiads
Genteel Tradition (under construction)
Local Color
Meditation Tradition
Native American Literature
Naturalism
Plantation Tradition
Puritanism in New England
Realism
Romance and Novel
Salem Witch Trials
Sermon Structure
Slave Narratives
Southwestern Humor
Transcendentalism
Travel Narratives
Typology

------------------------------

From: nikst [mailto:ni...@orc.ru]

United Nations Foundation (UNF)
http://www.unfoundation.org/

United Nations Foundation (UNF) - promotes the partnership between the
public and private sectors in order to raise funds and provide grants for
UN
initiatives. Focuses on children's health, environment, women and
population, and humanitarian projects.

World Population Day
Each year, the international community observes World Population Day on
July
11th. This year, World Population Day will kick-off the countdown to
October
12, 1999, when the world's population will reach 6 billion people. Learn
more about efforts to reduce rapid population growth . . ..

Current Issue: Tuesday, 13 July 1999
HIV/AIDS: UNAIDS Director Sees Changing Attitude In Africa
INDIA: Growing Elderly Population Strains Health Care
AUSTRALIA: UNESCO Panel Leaves Park Off Endangered List
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT REPORT: Reactions Vary Around The World
AFRICA: Annan Touts Continent's Potential For Investors

Reader Survey | Register Here | Unsubscribe
UN Wire is published weekdays at 12 noon EST.

ż 1999. United Nations Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
1301 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 700, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20036, USA
(202) 887-9040 ph. | (202) 887-9021 fax

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:32:40 -0500
From: Gleason Sackman <gle...@rrnet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:32:45 -0500