17 million kids live a life of terror!

stw...@my-deja.com

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
There are 52 million students in the US public school system.

Of these 17.3 million are bullied frequently and suffer from multiple
behavioral disorders. such as: low self-esteem insecure lack of
social skills, don't pick up on social cues, cry or become
emotionally distraught easily, unable to defend or stand up for
themselves, depression is common among bullies as well as their
victims. Severe suicide thoughts were more prevalent in bullies
than their victims.

In the workplace bullying and intimidation gets no better, over
37% of workers report being bullied, intimidated and harassed
within the last 30 work days!

Of that 52 million 8.32 million reported having sexual intercourse
with 4 or more partners within the last 30 days!

From 1985 - 1993, murders committed by people over the age
of 25 dropped 20%: but they increased 65% among 18-24 year
olds and increased 185% among 14 top 17 year olds.

Large cities claim 72% of their school violence is attributed in
part to gang activity.

In greater Phoenix, AZ, 600 children are reported missing every
30 days - that is 30 kids each day!

6 million high schoolers report carrying a weapon to school in
the last 30 days (most say for protection.)

Over 865,000 high schoolers claim to have been threatened with
a gun or knife within the last 30 days.

4.32 million high schoolers have contemplated suicide in the last
30 days!

DO WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION???

Hopefully you have not already deleted this message or take
these statistics as just part of the media hype. These statistics
come from various professional and highly regarded references.
They only reflect the USA, yet the rest of the world is catching
up. Why the violence? Why the despair on the part of this
generation?

Can you afford that time and effort that it will take to help STOP this
trend or are you going to delete this and hope it goes away? These
statistics, this picture is like watching the Save the Children
infomercials, you know it happens but you want to turn it off - well if
we all turned it off our society would fall apart.

Please visit our web site http://www.stwnews.org
We need your help. Perhaps we have your attention now.

Contact us TODAY!

We have started a DISCUSSION LIST for everyone interested in the SAFE
COMMUNITIES = SAFE SCHOOLS CELEBRATION. i ENCOURAGE EACH OF YOU TO SIGN
ON - The discussions can be on any aspect of School safety, tolerance,
security etc. It is an unmoderated list. To sign up please go to:
http://safecommunities.listbot.com/ It takes less than 2 minutes and
you can unsubscribe at any time. Please put this into your own
newsletters and encourage your supporters to articipate. Thank you.

THank you

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.