A few suggestions for ArcusM Cobra

Dave Nadler

Sep 5, 2016, 2:16:03 PM9/5/16
to Schempp-Hirth Arcus
A few minor modifications I hope you find helpful!
Best Regards, Dave

The rear jacks on long Cobra trailers often get damaged when driving through a dip.
On my trailers I put skids (Spindelberger made them for my ArcusM trailer).
The skid gets worn, but no more bent jacks:

The rear door on the ArcusM trailer opened each time I drove it.
Spindelberger provided larger latches, installed on both sides.
Install with preload so they do not unlatch when trailer flexes.

I have the short Cobra for ArcusM.
The large plastic partition was installed too close to front of trailer.
I drilled out the rivets and moved it back. I also added felt rub-strips to metal front.
Now I can fit several 10 liter fuel jugs in front of trailer.

I often (ahem, cough, cough) must bring my ArcusM fuselage into my shop.
No easy way with the Cobra's ramp jack assembly.
I replaced the ramp jack hinge pins with pip pins (attention: high loads! use steel!).
Then I made a piece to hold rails in correct position and make
it easy to roll fuselage in and out of trailer to my shop floor:

Attention: blocks on bottom must go forward of hinge!