Other venues for alternate standards discussion?

Wolfgang Corcoran-Mathe

Mar 9, 2022, 3:16:16 PM3/9/22
to scheme-reports-wg2
Hi all,

I'm a bit dismayed with the flood of mail relating to the "R7RS-Medium" project, which seems to be increasingly orthogonal to the WG2 list's usual topics. Perhaps the proponents of this project would be willing to set up a new mailing list for these discussions?

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Lassi Kortela

Mar 10, 2022, 3:01:02 AM3/10/22
to scheme-re...@googlegroups.com
perhaps get one from nongnu.org or some other place?

Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen

Mar 10, 2022, 4:02:00 AM3/10/22
to scheme-re...@googlegroups.com
As far as the R7RS-Medium project (which is currently just an idea) is
understood as a means to get the large language done, the discussion
about it belongs here, IMO.

(I'm not saying that such discussions cannot easily get sidetracked
into subdiscussions that should be moved elsewhere.)

John Cowan

Mar 11, 2022, 12:16:24 AM3/11/22
On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 4:02 AM Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen <marc....@gmail.com> wrote:

As far as the R7RS-Medium project (which is currently just an idea) is
understood as a means to get the large language done, the discussion
about it belongs here, IMO.

I agree.  But that has less than nothing to do with what Lassi in particular is talking about.