Erratum #28 to R7RS-small: char-numeric? is technically not well defined.

John Cowan

Feb 9, 2019, 1:29:46 PM2/9/19
to scheme-re...@googlegroups.com, scheme-re...@googlegroups.com
The definition of char-numeric? refers to a nonexistent Unicode property Numeric_Digit.  The intention was to refer to characters whose Numeric_Type property is either Digit or Decimal, which is defined by Unicode as those characters with a non-empty value in field 7 of the UnicodeData.txt file. The simplest fix is to change the relevant paragraph of Section 6.6 from "Numeric_Digit" to "Numeric_Type=Digit or Numeric_Type=Decimal".

(Similarly, R6RS refers to the nonexistent property "Numeric", which could be interpreted either as above, or as also including characters with Numeric_Type=Numeric, which are non-digits such as fractions and powers of ten.  These characters have non-empty values in field 8 of UnicodeData.txt.)

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        co...@ccil.org
"But I am the real Strider, fortunately," he said, looking down at them

Alex Shinn

Feb 10, 2019, 9:48:35 AM2/10/19
to scheme-re...@googlegroups.com, scheme-re...@googlegroups.com
What about using the category Nd (Number, Decimal Digit)?

--
Alex