Change to SRFI under ballot: u1vectors removed from SRFI 160

John Cowan

Jan 13, 2019, 1:16:06 AM1/13/19
to scheme-re...@googlegroups.com, scheme-re...@googlegroups.com, chicken chicken, chibi-...@googlegroups.com, gambi...@iro.umontreal.ca, guile-user, srfi...@srfi.schemers.org
I have sent a request to the SRFI Editor to remove all references to u1vectors (bitvectors) from SRFI 160, which is a part of the Tangerine Edition ballot.  This is being done not because they are not useful, but because they are different enough in both specification and implementation from the other homogeneous vectors to deserve to be put into a future SRFI of their own, which will be balloted in a later edition.

If anyone wishes to change their vote as a result of this change (I hope not), simply go to http://tinyurl.com/tangerine-ballot and submit a second form.  You can set all other questions to "No vote" and I will merge your two ballots. In all cases except "No vote", the later ballot will take precedence.