Scheme for Max 0.4 is up

1 view

Iain Duncan

Sep 23, 2022, 7:02:24 PM9/23/22
to scheme-...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends, I'm pleased to announce that Scheme for Max 0.4 is now
up as a beta release. Scheme for Max embeds an s7 Scheme interpreter
in Max, enabling you to script and live-code Max and Ableton Live in
Scheme Lisp. This version adds s4m arrays and a new grid UI element
that works with these arrays to allow you to make lightweight
tracker-style displays that run much faster than is possible with
existing solutions. It also adds some miscellaneous improvements such
as a built in garbage-collector timer, better Live API support, and
example Live devices that cover midi transforms, sequencing, and using
the Live API. All new features are covered in the help patch, with
documentation and video updates to come soon.

You can download the release from the github release page here, builds
exist for Intel and M1 Mac and Win64:
https://github.com/iainctduncan/scheme-for-max/releases

Please let me know of any issues, successes, requests, etc, on the
forum. https://schemeformax.discourse.group/t/scheme-for-max-0-4-beta-1-out/36

For examples of Scheme for Max in action, check out the youtube
channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/musicwithlisp