Aggregations of creative works

Peter Sefton

Oct 3, 2011, 7:58:37 PM10/3/11
to schemaorg-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am wondering how best to mark up a creative work that is an aggregation with links to sub-parts, for example the table of contents for an online book with links to the chapters.

<article itemtype="http://schema.org/Book" itemscope>
<h1 itemprop="name">My book!</h1>
<ol>
</ol>
</article>

I want to be able to say that the chapter is "partOf" the book or that the book "aggregates" the chapters. I wondered about using Itemlist but I could not work out how to code it.

 It might also be possible to use the OAI ORE terms, eg http://www.openarchives.org/ore/terms/Aggregation (leaving aside the distinction between resource maps and aggregations which is a bit complicated for Schema.org).

<article itemtype="http://schema.org/Book" itemscope>
<h1 itemprop="name">My book!</h1>
<ol >
</ol>