Schema.org Markup not appearing in Rich Snippets Testing Tool

Adam Dougal

Sep 15, 2011, 4:58:57 AM9/15/11
to Schema.org Discussion
Hi,

I've implemented the Schema.org markup for reviews on the following
page:

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/reviews/?reviewID=3301120

Does anyone know why it's not showing up when I test this in the Rich
Snippets Testing Tool?

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalartsonline.co.uk%2Freviews%2F%3FreviewID%3D3301120&view=

Adam Dougal

Sep 16, 2011, 4:54:50 AM9/16/11
to Schema.org Discussion
I managed to find the solution myself.

For those that are interested, it was because I had this:

"<div itemprop="review" itemtype="http://schema.org/Review"
itemscope>"

and by removing

"itemprop="review""

it fixed the issue. I'm assuming it's because any elements with an
itemprop attribute needs to be nested inside an element with an
itemtype attribute.

On Sep 15, 9:58 am, Adam Dougal <barmybuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've implemented the Schema.org markup for reviews on the following
> page:
>
> http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/reviews/?reviewID=3301120
>
> Does anyone know why it's not showing up when I test this in the Rich
> Snippets Testing Tool?
>
> http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2F...

Jason Ronallo

Sep 25, 2011, 4:13:52 PM9/25/11
to schemaorg-...@googlegroups.com
Adam,
The documentation here suggests that using itemprop, itemtype, and
itemscope all as attributes of the same element is fine:
http://schema.org/docs/gs.html#microdata_embedded

Or were you not embedding this within another type?

Since "Every web page is implicitly assumed to be declared to be of
type WebPage," [1] could you use itemprop="reviews"? Would it work
then?

I find throughout schema.org that I'm always having to check whether a
property ought to be plural or singular. For instance for WebPage the
property is "comment" and then "reviews" even though it seems that
both of these would often be lists or repeated.

Jason

[1] http://schema.org/WebPage