Missing properties in schemaorg.owl

Roy Lachica

Sep 21, 2011, 4:19:35 AM9/21/11
to Schema.org Discussion
I am currently using http://schema.org/docs/schemaorg.owl to read
vocabulary terms.
I noticed that on the following documentation pages http://schema.org/AudioObject,
http://schema.org/CreativeWork there are references to version,
accountablePerson, contributor, copyrightNotice, usageTerms but these
are nowhere to be found in the schemaorg.owl xml.
I reported this issue on http://schema.org/docs/feedback.html some
days ago but I haven't got any response so add it here also.

As others have noticed there are some inconsistencies of the
schema.org vocabulary. Hopefully these will all be sorted out.
It would be very useful to have the time for last change and possibly
even a change log as comments in the http://schema.org/docs/schemaorg.owl
xml file.
Maybe also an RSS feed with all the changes.

Best regards
.roy

Roy Lachica

Sep 21, 2011, 4:33:34 AM9/21/11
to Schema.org Discussion

Lawrence Woodman

Sep 21, 2011, 4:39:48 AM9/21/11
to schemaorg-...@googlegroups.com

For the moment you could follow the repo I'm hosting on github through
the rss feed:
https://github.com/LawrenceWoodman/schema.org_schemas/commits/master.atom

The repo is the result of scraping the site and putting the data into
JSON and YAML.
Its not XML and it is not ideal, as I run the scraper manually at the
moment.
However, it does make the changes clear and gives a good record of
change over time.

Lawrence

--
vLife Systems Ltd
Registered Office: The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square, Coventry, CV1 2FL

Roy Lachica

Sep 21, 2011, 5:52:33 AM9/21/11
to Schema.org Discussion
Thanks Lawrence.
Good work, but I have already set up SPARQL queries against the OWL
file. I would rather not have to rewrite my code. Also I would like to
use the most authoritative source. http://schema.rdfs.org/all.rdf has
the missing properties but are modeled differently and things such as
ItemAvailability enumeration instances are not present there.

.roy

Greg Grossmeier

Sep 21, 2011, 4:15:21 PM9/21/11
On 09/21/2011 01:33 AM, Roy Lachica wrote:
> I noticed that on the following documentation pages http://schema.org/AudioObject,
> http://schema.org/CreativeWork there are references to version,
> accountablePerson, contributor, copyrightNotice, usageTerms but these
> are nowhere to be found in the schemaorg.owl xml.

These are relatively new terms and thus the schemaorg.owl is probably
not up-to-date anymore. Someone just needs to update it with the new terms.

Just FYI.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier |