RPM installation / Key change

Ronald Jeninga

Feb 18, 2019, 10:46:06 AM2/18/19
to schedulix
Hi All,

end of January the key we used for signing the rpm packages has expired.
As soon as I noticed this, I generated a new key and rebuilt the rpms. Then I uploaded the key, uploaded the rpms and rebuilt the repository.

So far so good, I thought.
But alas, I made a mistake and somehow managed to upload the wrong key file (probably the right key in a wrong format).
The result of this action was that the signature didn't pass the check any more.

In order to repair the situation at your side, you'll have to execute 2 statements:

1. Get the list of installed keys

[root@ppctest ~]# rpm -q gpg-pubkey --qf '%{name}-%{version}-%{release} --> %{summary}\n'
gpg-pubkey-f4a80eb5-53a7ff4b --> gpg(CentOS-7 Key (CentOS 7 Official Signing Key) <secu...@centos.org>)
gpg-pubkey-f533f4fa-56585169 --> gpg(CentOS AltArch SIG - PowerPC (https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch) <secu...@centos.org>)
gpg-pubkey-a8592297-5c541f56 --> gpg(Ronald Jeninga (Key used for signing rpm packages) <ronald....@independit.de>)

2. remove the broken key (mine):

[root@ppctest ~]# rpm -e --allmatches gpg-pubkey-a8592297-5c541f56

After this, everything should work without problems again.

I'm very sorry if someone had problems because of this and I apologise for the hassle.

Best regards,

Ronald