Robert Compton

robert....@rcom-i.co.uk

Oct 22, 2013, 5:01:04 AM10/22/13
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning,
  It seems I'll be using this forum quite a lot in the coming weeks.

  So here's a brief summary of my career to date:

  Since 1998 I've been working with all aspects of CA's AutoSys (now rebranded to Workload Automation R11.x AutoSys Edition).  I started out working for Platinum Technology which is where my AutoSys life began.  I started as a Field Technician which basically meant I went out to customers to install and configure AutoSys for them.

  My career progressed through several different companies and along the way I built (at the time) the worlds largest AutoSys environment which was capable of running over 1,000,000 million jobs per month.  I've worked very closely with almost everyone on the AutoSys community in the UK and many of the developers in the US.  I've participated in many of the beta programmes and contributed to the improving quality for each product release by exhaustively testing product features and submitting bug reports.
  I am currently the Deputy Chairman of the UK AutoSys User Group where I have presented many talks to large groups of AutoSys professionals.

  The companies I've worked for include:

  Platinum Technology;
  Computer Associates;
  JPMorganChase;
  Barclays Capital;
  Royal Bank of Scotland;
  IBM;
  Tesco.

  There are many others and too many to list here.

  Right now I find myself with a particularly challenging task.  I'm working for a company that embraces Open Source software so one of my challenges is to find and implement an enterprise ready open source job scheduler.  Schedulix is my second product to evaluate and I'm still at the very bottom of the learning curve so I will be asking many basic questions so please bear with me.

  Regards

RobC