How does repeat work exactly?

dpo...@shaklee.com

Jan 17, 2019, 3:00:47 PM1/17/19
to schedulix
I am trying to schedule a job to run every 2 hours starting at 1:00am. I understand I am allowed only one "driving" interval. While hour of day looks like what I want initially, it does not work as I would need 12 driving intervals. So I have to look at repeat, which does do what I want if I tell it every 120 mins. But that is 120 mins from when? The next 120 minute interval from when the schedule started (which I can start at 1:00am) or 120mins from when the last job started. Does that mean if one job is delayed from starting on time that all the rest after it would be started late as well?

I want the job to start on every odd hour. In cron speech, I think that is 0 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 * * *. But how is that done with schedulix? Right now I am guessing to start my schedule at 1:00am and have it repeat every 120 mins.

I am sorry if this has beed asked before. But I did try sever searches first to try to find previous answers and did not find anything that looked like an answer.

Ronald Jeninga

Jan 18, 2019, 3:39:51 AM1/18/19
to schedulix
two variants:

the first one uses a repeat and by defining some start time of the schedule you force it to "hit" the odd hours:

odd_hr1.png

the second variant uses "multiple" drivers. The GUI understands this pattern and merges them into a single one.
You can't mix Time-Of-Day and Repeat though.
Since the output after saving is somewhat long, my screen print only shows the relevant portion of the form:

odd_hr2.png

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ronald