Repository requires login now

Juraj Bocinec

Feb 6, 2023, 4:47:26 AM2/6/23
to schedulix
Greetings, we noticed with new schedulix install, that there was problem with repo:

https://www.independit.de/repo/centos/7.9/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 403 - Forbidden
Trying other mirror.

When i try to access the repo via web, it asks for username and password:

schedulix-repo.jpg
Do i need to register now somewhere on the web to be able to access schedulix repo? Thanks for info.

Juraj Bocinec

Ronald Jeninga

Feb 6, 2023, 5:24:25 AM2/6/23
to schedulix
Hi Juraj,

thank you for reporting this!
You don't need to register somewhere, schedulix is free. The sources are available on GitHub and the rpms are provided as a service.
But lately I've been securing our web site, which is more a duty than a luxury these days, unfortunately.
Obviously I've made a mistake and restricted access a little too enthusiastically.

I'll fix that today.

Sorry for the hassle.

Best regards,

Ronald

Ronald Jeninga

Feb 6, 2023, 6:04:54 AM2/6/23
to schedulix
Hi Juraj,

as it seems it is the URL you are using that is broken.
This again can be a result of CentOS/RHEL 7 changes. They used to refer a directory like repo/centos/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml or repo/centos/7Server/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
I've now added a symlink 7.9 -> 7, which seems to do the job.

Could you please try again and report your findings?

Best regards,

Ronald