Supported Database Version

aked...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2024, 2:50:12 PMJan 15
to schedulix
Hello,
Is there any documentation on supported database versions for Schedulix versions? I poked around but couldn't find any specifics but I am particularly interested in Schedulix 2.9 as we are looking to upgrade from MySQL 5 to MySQL 8.

Thank you!
Andrew

Ronald Jeninga

Jan 16, 2024, 4:18:15 AMJan 16
to schedulix
Hi Andrew,

no worries, MySQL 8 will perform fine.
The supported database systems for schedulix are basically
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB and Ingres.
And as long those products don't abandon the SQL standard, they will work in any version.
This means that there might be a lowest version supported, but so far there's no highest version supported.

schedulix executes a few halfway complex queries at startup. But after that it does only
INSERT ... VALUES ...
UPDATE ...
WHERE primary_key = ...
DELETE ...
WHERE primary_key = ...

Any release of a relational DBMS that drops support for such queries simply won't be used by anyone.

Best regards,

Ronald

aked...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2024, 8:30:35 AMJan 16
to schedulix
Thanks Ronald!
Sounds like there are just some simple interactions with the db so we should be good to go, we will give it a whirl!

Thanks again!
Andrew