How to migrate from 2.8 to 2.9

Pablo Maldonado

May 8, 2019, 2:09:50 PM5/8/19
to schedulix
Hello,

I wanted to know what I should take into account to migrate from version 2.8 to 2.9 or how I could do it without losing all the jobs and batch created, registered agents etc.

Pablo Maldonado

Ronald Jeninga

May 8, 2019, 2:38:07 PM5/8/19
to schedulix
Hi Pablo,

you don't drop the database, but execute the generated-upgrade-2.8-to-2.9.sql file, which you find in the sql/*_gen directories.
(Pick the one that matches your DBMS).
This will add some tables to the schema and a few columns to several tables. Read it before executing it and you'll have an idea what's going to happen.
(in case of mysql/mariadb use the option --force to persuade the database system to continue execution if it encounters problems)

After upgrading the schema, you can simply start the server. Obviously it should use the 2.9 jar file, not the 2.8 one.

As a next step you open the Zope management interface (http://some.computer.name:8080/manage).
You rename the SDMS folder to e.g. SDMS-2.8 and the import the new SDMS.zexp.

That's about all there is to do, and you won't lose anything.

Before upgrading the schema you'll have to stop the server. I hope that's obvious.
But you don't need to shut down any jobservers that run remotely. They can even still run some jobs.
After you've started up the new 2.9 server the jobservers will automatically connect and report everything that happened in the meantime.
The jobservers that run locally to the scheduling server must be shut down as well because you are going to replace the jar file.

If you've installed your systems from the rpms, you only have to update them.

HTH

Best regards,

Ronald

Dieter Stubler

May 8, 2019, 2:41:38 PM5/8/19
to schedulix
Hi Pablo,

Upgrading will not loose any of your repository data.
Anyway, you should backup your repository database before upgrading as always just for the case ...

Regards
Dieter

Pablo Maldonado

May 8, 2019, 3:18:08 PM5/8/19
to schedulix
Hello Ronald / Dieter,

Perfect is how I imagined, and if I saw the sql for the upgrade.

Thank you so much for your help.

Pablo Maldonado

Pablo Maldonado

May 14, 2019, 2:33:28 PM5/14/19
to schedulix
Hello Ronald / Dieter,

Test the migration of Schedulix 2.8 to 2.9 by building the tgz and it worked perfectly.

Thank you

Pablo Maldonado