Migrate all jobs from 1 enviornment to another enviornment

salonimi...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2020, 3:29:07 AM9/24/20
to schedulix
Hi Ronlad,

I have my jobs and batches configured in one environment and I want to migrate all to another environment.

What is the best way to migrate it?

Could you please help me to do that.

Thank you,
Saloni

Ronald Jeninga

Sep 24, 2020, 6:27:37 AM9/24/20
to schedulix
Hi Saloni,

a one-time solution is to clone the source database (you can delete all the run-time information during this process; I'll tell you how to do this, if this option is OK for you).

The more cumbersome solution is to create everything again manually.
If this kind of action is required more than once, it'll make sense to write down the commands instead of clicking through the GUI.

The easiest way to get it done is to use the BICsuite PROFESSIONAL edition, instead of schedulix.
The disadvantage is that a BICsuite installation requires a support contract, which will cost some money.
But the PRO edition offers an extra statement (DUMP) that is used to export a selection of the definitions into a text file.
From this file all exported definitions can be loaded into the target system.

If you want some more detailed information about the last option, please drop me an e-mail (ronald dot jeninga at independit dot de).

Best regards,

Ronald