Problems with Zope 5 - Schedulix 2.10

Pablo Maldonado

Nov 15, 2021, 8:16:33 PM11/15/21
to schedulix
Hello,

I am installing Schedulix 2.10 with Zope 5.3, the installation and configuration, I can do it, but when trying:

http: // localhost: 8080 / SDMS

I get:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'RequestContainer' object has no attribute 'browser_id_manager'

I already tried everything, and if I put the application in DEBUG mode I see the following error:

2021-11-15 22:07:06 DEBUG [txn.140490980103936: 113] [waitress-0] new transaction
2021-11-15 22:07:06 DEBUG [txn.140490980103936: 567] [waitress-0] abort

  File "/Software/Schedulix/zope/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/Products/PythonScripts/PythonScript.py", line 349, in _exec
    result = function (* args, ** kw)
  File "Script (Python)", line 13, in HeadSetup
AttributeError: 'RequestContainer' object has no attribute 'browser_id_manager'

Note: The installation is done manually.

What could it be ?

Thank you

Pablo

Ronald Jeninga

Nov 16, 2021, 6:42:33 AM11/16/21
to schedulix
Hi Pablo,

first of all: Congratulations!
You've managed to produce an error message (in a schedulix environment) which I haven't seen yet.
That's a rare event. I've made most mistakes myself (including the stupid ones), with the effect that troubleshooting is easy most of the time.
But my profound experience in doing things wrongly isn't much of a help now

The file that reports an error is definitely not one of ours.
This doesn't imply in the least that we didn't make the mistake though.
But still the type of error indicates a problem in the Zope installation itself, not so much in the application that runs within Zope.

The question is: how to crack this issue?

I think the best option will be when I try to install the latest Zope (or 5.3 if the latest is newer) myself and see if it breaks for me too.
If so, we can exclude Zope 5.3 from the list of compatible software.
If not, there must be a difference between your installation procedure and mine.
There are several things I'd like to test in a clean environment anyway and this seems to fit in perfectly.
But it'll take a few days as I can't complain about a lack of work to do.

Alternatively you could try to install a previous release of Zope.
If it works, this shows that your Zope 5.3 installation is broken (which need not be your fault).
If it doesn't work, it is pretty sure that you've made a mistake in your installation procedure somewhere.

NB: I'm talking about Zope flaws or mistakes in the installation procedure all te time.
This does not imply that we didn't make a mistake. But I can only investigate this if I can reproduce the issue.
And from the kind of error message, it just seems unlikely that this is caused by the application.
That's why I concentrate on other causes first.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Ronald

Pablo Maldonado

Nov 16, 2021, 9:15:51 AM11/16/21
to schedulix
Hi Ronald,

If there is no problem, I for my part will install version 5.2.1 and I will give you the commands of how I did it.

Zope I'm taking it from here: https://zopefoundation.github.io/Zope/

Thank you

Pablo
Message has been deleted

Pablo Maldonado

Nov 16, 2021, 10:14:50 AM11/16/21
to schedulix
Hi Ronald,

That's it, sorry for the inconvenience, working in Zope 5.3 without any problem, I was missing two commands and that's why it didn't work:

bin/pip3 install Products.Sessions -> the famous browser_id_manager
bin/pip3 install Products.SiteErrorLog

I attach an image to you.

Thank you

Pablo