What is the folder icon in the required resources tab?

Dan Power

Jul 6, 2023, 7:22:57 PM7/6/23
to schedulix
So, I am trying to track down the cause of this error:
Job cannot run in any scope because of resource shortage
I have noticed a difference in the required resources for the job compared to other jobs that are not having this problem and I have noticed an extra resource listed. I wanted to find out more about that resource and looked up the information in the user's guide, however, page 133 of the 2.10 user's guide does not mention a folder icon.

Now, I have a guess at what it means. I think it mean the job's group and the containing folder's group don't match. Will that cause jobs to fail to run? Do I need to nest it in a folder with the same group to get it to run?

Dan Power

Jul 6, 2023, 8:29:35 PM7/6/23
to schedulix
I figured it out. A folder had an environment set on it and that is where the folder icon came from.

I still have found figured out why I cannot get resources. It is the submitted by? Does the jobserver's group need to match the submitted by or can it match the owner?

Owner                OPS
Submitted By    THATCHER

Dan Power

Jul 6, 2023, 8:32:31 PM7/6/23
to schedulix
I should say, the jobs run fine if submitted independantly as a master. It is only when a job triggers them that it cannot get resources.

Dieter Stubler

Jul 7, 2023, 4:16:57 AM7/7/23
to schedulix
Hello Dan,
looks like the job submitted by trigger is submitted to be in an other submit group as when submitted manually.
If this is the case the submit group used when submitted as a trigger has to have execute privilige on the jobserver and resource privilege on the resource(s) causing the problem.
Regards
Dieter

Dan Power

Jul 7, 2023, 12:46:48 PM7/7/23
to schedulix
So, for a "standard" messaging framework, it would need to live in the public group? I have basically built a collection of jobs to centralized messaging to our messaging service. I don't plan to know the original submit group for this messaging framework. In the end, the jobs make use of a jobserver on *ix to send and API request to the messaging service. Since it is "standard", I want to use it with potentially all my alerts and messages going forward. Right now, I have it in a group I have specified and the job server matches. It sound like at least the job server needs to use public as it's group.