Minor makefile typo

jddanie...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2014, 10:27:29 AM2/26/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
schedulix/src/Makefile
Line 43:     $(error UNKNOWN OPERATING SYSTEM $(OS))
Should be:   $(error UNKNOWN OPERATING SYSTEM $(OSTYPE))

Right?

I only noticed since the OS detection isn't functioning correctly in my case, I think it's either my GNU make version or being Solaris 9.

Ronald Jeninga

Feb 26, 2014, 11:19:55 AM2/26/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I'll correct this (almost) immediately. And of course it's an error.

This code originally wasn't part of the Makefile, but I added it to make it a little bit more convenient, but I'm very aware that this code isn't bullet proof.
The old method of setting OSTYPE in your environment still works though (for exactly this reason).
So if you do a

export OSTYPE=sunos

before you "make", it should work.

The software used to run with solaris 9 a few years ago. Since we didn't change a lot on OS level, you should be able to get it working.
But if you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Ronald

jddanie...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2014, 11:25:31 AM2/26/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
> export OSTYPE=sunos

Yep, exactly what I did, I'm almost through the compile issues, it's looking like it'll work just fine.

But if you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Ronald Jeninga

Feb 27, 2014, 2:45:44 AM2/27/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com