Error while compiling with openjdk 11

Alonso Gómez

Apr 27, 2020, 1:18:57 PM4/27/20
to schedulix
Hello,

I am compiling schedulix 2.9 with openjdk 11, but and error I am getting... The error:

javac -cp /opt/schedulix/src:/usr/lib/java/swt.jar:/usr/share/java/jna.jar:/opt/schedulix/lib/guava-20.0.jar:/opt/schedulix/lib/jna-platform-4.3.0.jar:/opt/schedulix/lib/waffle-jna-1.8.3.jar -O CmdLineParser.java
/opt/schedulix/src/de/independit/scheduler/server/parser/SSOConnect.java:31: error: package javax.xml.bind does not exist
import javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter;
                     ^
/opt/schedulix/src/de/independit/scheduler/server/parser/SSOConnect.java:92: error: cannot find symbol
                        byteToken = DatatypeConverter.parseBase64Binary(token);
                                    ^
  symbol:   variable DatatypeConverter
  location: class SSOConnect
/opt/schedulix/src/de/independit/scheduler/server/parser/SSOConnect.java:96: error: cannot find symbol
                                token = DatatypeConverter.printBase64Binary(byteToken);
                                        ^
  symbol:   variable DatatypeConverter
  location: class SSOConnect
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
3 errors

Can you help me?

Is mandatory compile the schedulix 2.9 code to install it?

Thanks you.

Alonso Gómez

Apr 27, 2020, 1:22:37 PM4/27/20
to schedulix
I am try to compile with openjdk 8... I am getting same error.

Alonso Gómez

Apr 28, 2020, 5:36:44 AM4/28/20
to schedulix
Sorry, with openjdk 8 finally I can compile.

Ronald Jeninga

Apr 28, 2020, 5:52:49 AM4/28/20
to schedulix
Hi Alonso,

sorry for the silence from my side. You were on my list for today.
I'm happy you managed to compile the software. You've certainly found out that it's not that hard if you know how to do it.
If you are using a RedHat7 or compatible, you can also install from the rpms. The rpm that creates the required entries in /etc/yum.repos.d can be found on the schedulix web site.
And now you can compile the system, you can also create rpms yourself. You'll need some additional software to create them, but basically it's just a "make rpm".
Hence if you are using some other rpm based distribution you can tweak the pre and post scripts yourself (they are in $SDMSHOME/lib).
If you are using a debian based system (like Ubuntu), the information in the pre and post scripts, as well as the rpm spec file might be helpful in creating .deb packages.

In both cases I'd be really happy if you'd share the results. But please don't feel obligated, I don't want to force you into anything.

I'll have a look at Java11. But it will take a while.

Thank you,

Ronald