Documentation Bug - schedulix_web_en-2.5.1.pdf

robert....@rcom-i.co.uk

Oct 22, 2013, 4:45:37 AM10/22/13
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning,
  I've just found a minor bug in the schedulix_web_en-2.5.1.pdf.  It's on page 84.  There is some German text that shouldn't be there:

<snip>

Each task can require different resources. This can be defined by entering the envi-
ronment and a footprint and by specifying the required resources.
This ensures that has all the required resources (e.g. sufficient main memory and
CPU units, the correct database and the requisite system programs, etc.) are available
to the runtime environment being used to execute the job.
Daruber hinaus kann mittels Synchronizing Resources sichergestellt werden, dass
Prozesse sich nicht gegenseitig
Synchronizing Resources can also be used to make
sure that processes do not hinder one another or that the resources have specific
states and are up to date time-wise. A load distribution can also be achieved using
the resources.

</snip>

Regards

RobC

Ronald Jeninga

Oct 22, 2013, 5:14:47 AM10/22/13
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi RobC,

thank you! I'll eliminate it asap.
The German text is simply a part which hadn't been deleted after translation. The following English text expresses what the German text started to tell.

Oh, and I feel really good that our English documentation is used! It means we didn't spend (a lot of) money for nothing :-)
(We hired a professional translator; my English is good enough for a conversation, but not for writing books)

Regards,

Ronald

Sabelo Dlangamandla

Oct 22, 2013, 6:05:04 AM10/22/13
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ronald,
You definitely didn't, otherwise I would not have even tried to install Schedulix as I have zero knowledge of German. And thanks for being able to read and write English yourself we have benefited on that as well.

Regards
Sabelo

Ronald Jeninga

Oct 22, 2013, 7:29:37 AM10/22/13
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

the German text has been removed from the English documentation.
The installation guide now explicitly says that the initial zope user must be called sdmsadm

The documents are uploaded to github.

Regards,

Ronald