Firefox settings

Dieter Stubler

Jan 28, 2015, 10:11:51 AM1/28/15
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Here I give you two nice Firfox settings which makes it easier to work with the schedulix web gui.

By defaultFirefox doesn't allow to close a window through JavaScript.
So closing of the launch window doesn't work.
Also the schedulix!web user properties 'CloseSelectorAfterCopy' and 'CloseJobDetailAfterOperate' do not work.

To change that you do:

Open Firefox configuration : about:config
Set dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows to 'true'

Using a computer monitor with low resolution, the display of the url in every window header uses up unneccessary space.

To change that you do:

Open Firefox configuration : about:config
Set dom.disable_window_open_feature.location to 'false'

Have Fun
Dieter

Ronald Jeninga

Jan 26, 2016, 9:46:30 AM1/26/16
to schedulix
In the old times some add-on was required to load new pages in tabs instead.
This obviously made things easier.

In the meanwhile one only has to change a few properties of firefox to yield the same behaviour:

dom.disable_window_move_resize -> true
browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction -> 0

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Ronald

Bharani Reddy

Jan 26, 2016, 10:22:08 AM1/26/16
to schedulix
Thanks Ronald. How to implement the same in Chrome. Although Tab browsing is enabled in Chrome, I am unable to replicate the same behavior in chrome.

Dieter Stubler

Jan 27, 2016, 3:56:05 AM1/27/16
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hallo,

I haven't found a good solution for Chrome yet.
There are two Chrome extensions which do it 'The-One' and 'One Window', both doing the same.
They move newly created windows into a tab.
The new window pops up for a moment is then moved into a tab, which is producing a kind of 'flicker'.
Not the nicest thing, but may work for you.

Regards
Dieter

Bharani Reddy

Jan 27, 2016, 12:05:35 PM1/27/16
to schedulix
Thank you Dieter. I think I will stick to Firefox for now.