Run agentless tasks

Pablo Maldonado

Jul 13, 2021, 2:23:34 PMJul 13
to schedulix

Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to run tasks on a machine without a schedulix agent?
Thank you so much

 Pablo Maldonado

Ronald Jeninga

Jul 20, 2021, 4:36:39 AMJul 20
to schedulix
Hi Pable,

last week I've tried to answer to this message by sending an e-mail with my phone, but that didn't work.
You might have received the E-Mail yourself, but it didn't end up here.

So what I wrote was:
other systems that offer agentless operation usually use ssh to start processes on remote systems.
This is of course also possible with schedulix.
The downside is the error handling, which is pretty complex, mainly because of the network. What to do when an ssh connection breaks?

We've invested a lot of thoughts to make the job handling as robust as possible.
And I think we've been pretty successful in this.
But it'll be hard to achieve with a network between agent and the user process.

Feel free to try and feel free to ask. Maybe we will find a neat solution.

Best regards,

Ronald

Pablo Maldonado

Jul 20, 2021, 12:35:15 PMJul 20
to schedulix
Hello Ronald,

Sorry for not advising that we solved the problem without the need for schedulix, because as it was a very simple task, we only used crontab.

Pablo Maldonado