Schedulix server is not getting restarted

AVIJIT SAHA

May 2, 2018, 1:27:07 AM5/2/18
to schedulix
I am trying to restart schedulix server and the job servers installed on it to execute a job but it's not working as expected,
please have a look into the attached image file to understand the issue.

The username (arthur) for the schedulix server you can see in  RED color, that suggests the server needs to be restarted, after restart it turns to Green.

Generally the server is restarted using the following command:
Step:1
[schedulix@snsl-vm-19 ~]$ $HOME/schedulixweb/bin/zopectl start

The the following things used to come -->
. Unlinking stale socket /home/schedulix/schedulixweb/var/zopectlsock; sleep 1
No handlers could be found for logger "root"
daemon process started, pid=29703

Step:2
[schedulix@snsl-vm-19 ~]$ server-start
Server started

But this time when I tried with step:1,
It happened like that:
[schedulix@snsl-vm-19 ~]$ $HOME/schedulixweb/bin/zopectl start
daemon process already running; pid=12046

Also, the server in UI didn't turn into Green which was expected.

Can anyone help me to find out the issue.

Thanks,
Avijit
schedulix_server_status.JPG

Dieter Stubler

May 2, 2018, 2:21:35 AM5/2/18
to schedulix
Hello Avijit,

I think you are mixing up things badly here.
On the screenshot you see the scope and job server hierarchy und 'arthur' is not a user but a jobserver angent named GLOBAL.'snsl-vm-19'.'arthur'.
zopectl is used to start and shutdown the Zope Webserver which is hosting the schedulix GUI and absolutely nothing to do with job server agents.
To start job servers use the jobserver-run script.
Example:

jobserver-run example.conf

runs a jobsever in foreground.
jobserver-run example.conf examplelog
runs a jobsever as a demon with logrotation creating logfiles named examplelog.1, examplelog.2, ...
Hope that helps.

Regards
Dieter