Row limit reached !, Output truncated to 500 Lines.(Getting this error in one of the enviornment)

salonimi...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2020, 7:18:33 AM12/7/20
to schedulix
Hi Ronald,

In our one of the enviornment , we are getting this error Row limit reached !, Output truncated to 500 Lines.

It is not showing current running batch. We have done RIP for the previous failed batches still no luck.

After few hours it is showing whether it is successful or failed.

Thank you,
Saloni

Ronald Jeninga

Dec 7, 2020, 9:53:30 AM12/7/20
to schedulix
Hi Saloni,

this is just a warning, not an error message.
The GUI only shows the first 500 rows it finds mainly because longer lists are not that much of value and it saves some time.
Of course 500 is just an arbitrary number and you might thing that 1000 is more appropriate, or even 10,000.
The method to change this default is to set a property at user level: MASTER_ROW_LIMIT
In order to do so, you'll have to open the Zope management dialogue, click on the Users folder, select the User for whom you'd like to have it changed and select the properties tab.
You'll find a list of user specific properties and you can add the MASTER_ROW_LIMIT here if it's not set already. (In which case you can change it).

The far better option though is to have the server search for the information you are interested in.
Divide and conquer is the idea.
Instead of having a single list of running master batches you could create bookmarks, one for each category (one for CRM jobs, one for Reporting Jobs, ...).
This will give you a number of short lists. And the big advantage of a short list is that it doesn't cost you time to understand that everything is OK (or that something is broken).
If you have a huge list showing everything in a seemingly random order, it'll be hard to see if the CRM jobs are doing well. Or worse, you won't notice if one of the batches is missing.

You can tell the server to search for certain name patterns.
Another idea is to create a parameter for each batch and to use the condition to test for the value of the parameter.

Does this make sense?

Best regards,

Ronald