How to change the time shown

John Tsui

May 30, 2022, 5:42:40 AMMay 30
to schedulix
Hi Ronald,

I'm confuse on the time shown in the monitor page
The actual time show by sdmsh is in GMT

John Tsui

May 30, 2022, 5:51:26 AMMay 30
to schedulix
Sorry mis-type ...will continue the message as below

sdmsh shown.png
while in the monitor page, it shown a difference of 2 hours
monitor shown.png

But actually, it should be GMT + 8

I had made the change in /Custom/timeZones to the local area. But seems no help on it.

I there any other files that need to make the change ?

Thank you advance.

Regards,
John Tsui
30.May.2022
John Tsui 在 2022年5月30日 星期一下午5:42:40 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Ronald Jeninga

May 30, 2022, 7:07:12 AMMay 30
to schedulix
Hi John,

internally we use GMT only, which is why you see GMT timestamps when using sdmsh.

If you open the Web Users dialogue, you'll find a property called "Default Time Zone", here it looks like:

webusers1.png

If I the look at my Masters list, it shows the timestamps in MEST:

masters1.png

After changing my default time zone to Asia/HongKong, as in the screen shot below, the times as shown in the masters list are now GMT+8.

webusers2.png

And the corresponding masters list:

masters2.png

(Hint: you can see by the IDs that I didn't cheat ;)

HTH

Best regards,

Ronald

John Tsui