Running master jobs search with variables

Dan Power

Jul 6, 2023, 2:38:32 PM7/6/23
to schedulix
I have a variable called RUN_MODE. I would like to know how to limit the results on "Running Master Jobs" search to the ones that have the PROD value in RUN_MODE. The documentation seems to direct me to the syntax doc for "list job". However, even in that documentation I don't see anything referring to variables. Maybe it has a name I am not expecting? How do I create my search for $RUN_MODE = "PROD"?

Ronald Jeninga

Jul 6, 2023, 3:33:57 PM7/6/23
to schedulix
Hi Dan,

in the GUI in the search mask you find a field called Condition as well as a drop down box called Condition Mode.
If you set the Condition Mode to AND, and enter

JOB.RUN_MODE == 'PROD'

into the Condition field, it should work as desired.
It'll make sense to add some more criteria (like the MASTER ID), because parameter resolution is pretty expensive and it would take a while until that is done for all jobs stored in memory.

HTH

Ronald

Dan Power

Jul 6, 2023, 7:00:20 PM7/6/23
to schedulix
oh, I already limited by name pattern. I just wanted to filter out some based on RUN_MODE. This worked great. Thanks