Set Timezone to BST

robert....@rcom-i.co.uk

Mar 31, 2014, 5:55:22 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning,
  In the UK out clocks were put forward an hour.  This has changed our timezone from GMT to BST - which is GMT+1.  Now my jobs are all starting 1 hour late.  When defining a calendar for a job I have only two timezones to choose from:  GMT or Berlin.  Is it possible to select BST either manually or, preferably, automatically so that my jobs once again start at the correct time?

  Regards

Rob

Ronald Jeninga

Mar 31, 2014, 6:57:34 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon Robert,

it's actually quite simple. If you open the user interface management form

http://<IP or hostname>:<Port>/SDMS/manage

you'll find a python script called timeZones. Now copy this script to the Custom folder and edit it. Simply remove the hash (#) in front of the time zones you want to make visible in the GUI.
Most (if not all) time zones are present, but commented out (you don't want a list of 100 time zones to choose from). For apparent reasons we kept MET and GMT. But nothing breaks if you comment those out, as long as you keep at least one time zone active (e.g. BST).

The Zope server resolves script names in the following order: User, Custom, SDMS (and subdirectories). This enables you to make even user specific exceptions.

The default time zone can be set as a user property in the BICsuite!Web dialogue. But this will only affect new jobs resp. schedules. If you don't have too many schedules, it will be best to edit them by hand.
If you have several hundred schedules or more, I can think about how to do it in a faster way. That will probably cost me a few hours though.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ronald

robert....@rcom-i.co.uk

Mar 31, 2014, 9:20:03 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronald,
  I copied and edited timeZones but I don't see any change to the list of timezones I can apply to a calendar.  I uncommented BST to no avail.  The list consists of GMT and Europe/Berlin.  Curiously, Europe/Berlin was, and still is, commented out in timeZones.

  I even restarted the Schedulix service but that didn't help either.

  Did I miss something?

  Regards

Rob

Dieter Stubler

Mar 31, 2014, 10:01:04 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

just checked again.

After installing the schedulix web frontend you should end up with a python script called timeZones in the Zope Folder /SDMS with the following content:

return [
# 'ACT',
# 'AET',
# 'Africa/Abidjan',
# 'Africa/Accra',
# 'Africa/Addis_Ababa',
# 'Africa/Algiers',
# 'Africa/Asmera',
# 'Africa/Bamako',
# 'Africa/Bangui',
# 'Africa/Banjul',
# 'Africa/Bissau',
# 'Africa/Blantyre',
# 'Africa/Brazzaville',
# 'Africa/Bujumbura',
# 'Africa/Cairo',
# 'Africa/Casablanca',
# 'Africa/Ceuta',
# 'Africa/Conakry',
# 'Africa/Dakar',
# 'Africa/Dar_es_Salaam',
# 'Africa/Djibouti',
# 'Africa/Douala',
# 'Africa/El_Aaiun',
# 'Africa/Freetown',
# 'Africa/Gaborone',
# 'Africa/Harare',
# 'Africa/Johannesburg',
# 'Africa/Kampala',
# 'Africa/Khartoum',
# 'Africa/Kigali',
# 'Africa/Kinshasa',
# 'Africa/Lagos',
# 'Africa/Libreville',
# 'Africa/Lome',
# 'Africa/Luanda',
# 'Africa/Lubumbashi',
# 'Africa/Lusaka',
# 'Africa/Malabo',
# 'Africa/Maputo',
# 'Africa/Maseru',
# 'Africa/Mbabane',
# 'Africa/Mogadishu',
# 'Africa/Monrovia',
# 'Africa/Nairobi',
# 'Africa/Ndjamena',
# 'Africa/Niamey',
# 'Africa/Nouakchott',
# 'Africa/Ouagadougou',
# 'Africa/Porto-Novo',
# 'Africa/Sao_Tome',
# 'Africa/Timbuktu',
# 'Africa/Tripoli',
# 'Africa/Tunis',
# 'Africa/Windhoek',
# 'AGT',
# 'America/Adak',
# 'America/Anchorage',
# 'America/Anguilla',
# 'America/Antigua',
# 'America/Araguaina',
# 'America/Aruba',
# 'America/Asuncion',
# 'America/Atka',
# 'America/Bahia',
# 'America/Barbados',
# 'America/Belem',
# 'America/Belize',
# 'America/Boa_Vista',
# 'America/Bogota',
# 'America/Boise',
# 'America/Buenos_Aires',
# 'America/Cambridge_Bay',
# 'America/Campo_Grande',
# 'America/Cancun',
# 'America/Caracas',
# 'America/Catamarca',
# 'America/Cayenne',
# 'America/Cayman',
# 'America/Chicago',
# 'America/Chihuahua',
# 'America/Cordoba',
# 'America/Costa_Rica',
# 'America/Cuiaba',
# 'America/Curacao',
# 'America/Danmarkshavn',
# 'America/Dawson',
# 'America/Dawson_Creek',
# 'America/Denver',
# 'America/Detroit',
# 'America/Dominica',
# 'America/Edmonton',
# 'America/Eirunepe',
# 'America/El_Salvador',
# 'America/Ensenada',
# 'America/Fortaleza',
# 'America/Fort_Wayne',
# 'America/Glace_Bay',
# 'America/Godthab',
# 'America/Goose_Bay',
# 'America/Grand_Turk',
# 'America/Grenada',
# 'America/Guadeloupe',
# 'America/Guatemala',
# 'America/Guayaquil',
# 'America/Guyana',
# 'America/Halifax',
# 'America/Havana',
# 'America/Hermosillo',
# 'America/Indiana/Indianapolis',
# 'America/Indiana/Knox',
# 'America/Indiana/Marengo',
# 'America/Indianapolis',
# 'America/Indiana/Vevay',
# 'America/Inuvik',
# 'America/Iqaluit',
# 'America/Jamaica',
# 'America/Jujuy',
# 'America/Juneau',
# 'America/Kentucky/Louisville',
# 'America/Kentucky/Monticello',
# 'America/Knox_IN',
# 'America/La_Paz',
# 'America/Lima',
# 'America/Los_Angeles',
# 'America/Louisville',
# 'America/Maceio',
# 'America/Managua',
# 'America/Manaus',
# 'America/Martinique',
# 'America/Mazatlan',
# 'America/Mendoza',
# 'America/Menominee',
# 'America/Merida',
# 'America/Mexico_City',
# 'America/Miquelon',
# 'America/Monterrey',
# 'America/Montevideo',
# 'America/Montreal',
# 'America/Montserrat',
# 'America/Nassau',
# 'America/New_York',
# 'America/Nipigon',
# 'America/Nome',
# 'America/Noronha',
# 'America/North_Dakota/Center',
# 'America/Panama',
# 'America/Pangnirtung',
# 'America/Paramaribo',
# 'America/Phoenix',
# 'America/Port-au-Prince',
# 'America/Porto_Acre',
# 'America/Port_of_Spain',
# 'America/Porto_Velho',
# 'America/Puerto_Rico',
# 'America/Rainy_River',
# 'America/Rankin_Inlet',
# 'America/Recife',
# 'America/Regina',
# 'America/Rio_Branco',
# 'America/Rosario',
# 'America/Santiago',
# 'America/Santo_Domingo',
# 'America/Sao_Paulo',
# 'America/Scoresbysund',
# 'America/Shiprock',
# 'America/St_Johns',
# 'America/St_Kitts',
# 'America/St_Lucia',
# 'America/St_Thomas',
# 'America/St_Vincent',
# 'America/Swift_Current',
# 'America/Tegucigalpa',
# 'America/Thule',
# 'America/Thunder_Bay',
# 'America/Tijuana',
# 'America/Toronto',
# 'America/Tortola',
# 'America/Vancouver',
# 'America/Virgin',
# 'America/Whitehorse',
# 'America/Winnipeg',
# 'America/Yakutat',
# 'America/Yellowknife',
# 'Antarctica/Casey',
# 'Antarctica/Davis',
# 'Antarctica/DumontDUrville',
# 'Antarctica/Mawson',
# 'Antarctica/McMurdo',
# 'Antarctica/Palmer',
# 'Antarctica/Rothera',
# 'Antarctica/South_Pole',
# 'Antarctica/Syowa',
# 'Antarctica/Vostok',
# 'Arctic/Longyearbyen',
# 'ART',
# 'Asia/Aden',
# 'Asia/Almaty',
# 'Asia/Amman',
# 'Asia/Anadyr',
# 'Asia/Aqtau',
# 'Asia/Aqtobe',
# 'Asia/Ashgabat',
# 'Asia/Ashkhabad',
# 'Asia/Baghdad',
# 'Asia/Bahrain',
# 'Asia/Baku',
# 'Asia/Bangkok',
# 'Asia/Beirut',
# 'Asia/Bishkek',
# 'Asia/Brunei',
# 'Asia/Calcutta',
# 'Asia/Choibalsan',
# 'Asia/Chongqing',
# 'Asia/Chungking',
# 'Asia/Colombo',
# 'Asia/Dacca',
# 'Asia/Damascus',
# 'Asia/Dhaka',
# 'Asia/Dili',
# 'Asia/Dubai',
# 'Asia/Dushanbe',
# 'Asia/Gaza',
# 'Asia/Harbin',
# 'Asia/Hong_Kong',
# 'Asia/Hovd',
# 'Asia/Irkutsk',
# 'Asia/Istanbul',
# 'Asia/Jakarta',
# 'Asia/Jayapura',
# 'Asia/Jerusalem',
# 'Asia/Kabul',
# 'Asia/Kamchatka',
# 'Asia/Karachi',
# 'Asia/Kashgar',
# 'Asia/Katmandu',
# 'Asia/Krasnoyarsk',
# 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur',
# 'Asia/Kuching',
# 'Asia/Kuwait',
# 'Asia/Macao',
# 'Asia/Macau',
# 'Asia/Magadan',
# 'Asia/Makassar',
# 'Asia/Manila',
# 'Asia/Muscat',
# 'Asia/Nicosia',
# 'Asia/Novosibirsk',
# 'Asia/Omsk',
# 'Asia/Oral',
# 'Asia/Phnom_Penh',
# 'Asia/Pontianak',
# 'Asia/Pyongyang',
# 'Asia/Qatar',
# 'Asia/Qyzylorda',
# 'Asia/Rangoon',
# 'Asia/Riyadh',
# 'Asia/Riyadh87',
# 'Asia/Riyadh88',
# 'Asia/Riyadh89',
# 'Asia/Saigon',
# 'Asia/Sakhalin',
# 'Asia/Samarkand',
# 'Asia/Seoul',
# 'Asia/Shanghai',
# 'Asia/Singapore',
# 'Asia/Taipei',
# 'Asia/Tashkent',
# 'Asia/Tbilisi',
# 'Asia/Tehran',
# 'Asia/Tel_Aviv',
# 'Asia/Thimbu',
# 'Asia/Thimphu',
# 'Asia/Tokyo',
# 'Asia/Ujung_Pandang',
# 'Asia/Ulaanbaatar',
# 'Asia/Ulan_Bator',
# 'Asia/Urumqi',
# 'Asia/Vientiane',
# 'Asia/Vladivostok',
# 'Asia/Yakutsk',
# 'Asia/Yekaterinburg',
# 'Asia/Yerevan',
# 'AST',
# 'Atlantic/Azores',
# 'Atlantic/Bermuda',
# 'Atlantic/Canary',
# 'Atlantic/Cape_Verde',
# 'Atlantic/Faeroe',
# 'Atlantic/Jan_Mayen',
# 'Atlantic/Madeira',
# 'Atlantic/Reykjavik',
# 'Atlantic/South_Georgia',
# 'Atlantic/Stanley',
# 'Atlantic/St_Helena',
# 'Australia/ACT',
# 'Australia/Adelaide',
# 'Australia/Brisbane',
# 'Australia/Broken_Hill',
# 'Australia/Canberra',
# 'Australia/Darwin',
# 'Australia/Hobart',
# 'Australia/LHI',
# 'Australia/Lindeman',
# 'Australia/Lord_Howe',
# 'Australia/Melbourne',
# 'Australia/North',
# 'Australia/NSW',
# 'Australia/Perth',
# 'Australia/Queensland',
# 'Australia/South',
# 'Australia/Sydney',
# 'Australia/Tasmania',
# 'Australia/Victoria',
# 'Australia/West',
# 'Australia/Yancowinna',
# 'BET',
# 'Brazil/Acre',
# 'Brazil/DeNoronha',
# 'Brazil/East',
# 'Brazil/West',
# 'BST',
# 'Canada/Atlantic',
# 'Canada/Central',
# 'Canada/Eastern',
# 'Canada/East-Saskatchewan',
# 'Canada/Mountain',
# 'Canada/Newfoundland',
# 'Canada/Pacific',
# 'Canada/Saskatchewan',
# 'Canada/Yukon',
# 'CAT',
# 'CET',
# 'Chile/Continental',
# 'Chile/EasterIsland',
# 'CNT',
# 'CST',
# 'CST6CDT',
# 'CTT',
# 'Cuba',
# 'EAT',
# 'ECT',
# 'EET',
# 'Egypt',
# 'Eire',
# 'EST',
# 'EST5EDT',
# 'Etc/GMT',
# 'Etc/GMT0',
# 'Etc/GMT-0',
# 'Etc/GMT+0',
# 'Etc/GMT-1',
# 'Etc/GMT+1',
# 'Etc/GMT-10',
# 'Etc/GMT+10',
# 'Etc/GMT-11',
# 'Etc/GMT+11',
# 'Etc/GMT-12',
# 'Etc/GMT+12',
# 'Etc/GMT-13',
# 'Etc/GMT-14',
# 'Etc/GMT-2',
# 'Etc/GMT+2',
# 'Etc/GMT-3',
# 'Etc/GMT+3',
# 'Etc/GMT-4',
# 'Etc/GMT+4',
# 'Etc/GMT-5',
# 'Etc/GMT+5',
# 'Etc/GMT-6',
# 'Etc/GMT+6',
# 'Etc/GMT-7',
# 'Etc/GMT+7',
# 'Etc/GMT-8',
# 'Etc/GMT+8',
# 'Etc/GMT-9',
# 'Etc/GMT+9',
# 'Etc/Greenwich',
# 'Etc/UCT',
# 'Etc/Universal',
# 'Etc/UTC',
# 'Etc/Zulu',
# 'Europe/Amsterdam',
# 'Europe/Andorra',
# 'Europe/Athens',
# 'Europe/Belfast',
# 'Europe/Belgrade',
'Europe/Berlin',
# 'Europe/Bratislava',
# 'Europe/Brussels',
# 'Europe/Bucharest',
# 'Europe/Budapest',
# 'Europe/Chisinau',
# 'Europe/Copenhagen',
# 'Europe/Dublin',
# 'Europe/Gibraltar',
# 'Europe/Helsinki',
# 'Europe/Istanbul',
# 'Europe/Kaliningrad',
# 'Europe/Kiev',
# 'Europe/Lisbon',
# 'Europe/Ljubljana',
# 'Europe/London',
# 'Europe/Luxembourg',
# 'Europe/Madrid',
# 'Europe/Malta',
# 'Europe/Minsk',
# 'Europe/Monaco',
# 'Europe/Moscow',
# 'Europe/Nicosia',
# 'Europe/Oslo',
# 'Europe/Paris',
# 'Europe/Prague',
# 'Europe/Riga',
# 'Europe/Rome',
# 'Europe/Samara',
# 'Europe/San_Marino',
# 'Europe/Sarajevo',
# 'Europe/Simferopol',
# 'Europe/Skopje',
# 'Europe/Sofia',
# 'Europe/Stockholm',
# 'Europe/Tallinn',
# 'Europe/Tirane',
# 'Europe/Tiraspol',
# 'Europe/Uzhgorod',
# 'Europe/Vaduz',
# 'Europe/Vatican',
# 'Europe/Vienna',
# 'Europe/Vilnius',
# 'Europe/Warsaw',
# 'Europe/Zagreb',
# 'Europe/Zaporozhye',
# 'Europe/Zurich',
# 'GB',
# 'GB-Eire',
'GMT',
# 'GMT0',
# 'Greenwich',
# 'Hongkong',
# 'HST',
# 'Iceland',
# 'IET',
# 'Indian/Antananarivo',
# 'Indian/Chagos',
# 'Indian/Christmas',
# 'Indian/Cocos',
# 'Indian/Comoro',
# 'Indian/Kerguelen',
# 'Indian/Mahe',
# 'Indian/Maldives',
# 'Indian/Mauritius',
# 'Indian/Mayotte',
# 'Indian/Reunion',
# 'Iran',
# 'Israel',
# 'IST',
# 'Jamaica',
# 'Japan',
# 'JST',
# 'Kwajalein',
# 'Libya',
# 'MET',
# 'Mexico/BajaNorte',
# 'Mexico/BajaSur',
# 'Mexico/General',
# 'Mideast/Riyadh87',
# 'Mideast/Riyadh88',
# 'Mideast/Riyadh89',
# 'MIT',
# 'MST',
# 'MST7MDT',
# 'Navajo',
# 'NET',
# 'NST',
# 'NZ',
# 'NZ-CHAT',
# 'Pacific/Apia',
# 'Pacific/Auckland',
# 'Pacific/Chatham',
# 'Pacific/Easter',
# 'Pacific/Efate',
# 'Pacific/Enderbury',
# 'Pacific/Fakaofo',
# 'Pacific/Fiji',
# 'Pacific/Funafuti',
# 'Pacific/Galapagos',
# 'Pacific/Gambier',
# 'Pacific/Guadalcanal',
# 'Pacific/Guam',
# 'Pacific/Honolulu',
# 'Pacific/Johnston',
# 'Pacific/Kiritimati',
# 'Pacific/Kosrae',
# 'Pacific/Kwajalein',
# 'Pacific/Majuro',
# 'Pacific/Marquesas',
# 'Pacific/Midway',
# 'Pacific/Nauru',
# 'Pacific/Niue',
# 'Pacific/Norfolk',
# 'Pacific/Noumea',
# 'Pacific/Pago_Pago',
# 'Pacific/Palau',
# 'Pacific/Pitcairn',
# 'Pacific/Ponape',
# 'Pacific/Port_Moresby',
# 'Pacific/Rarotonga',
# 'Pacific/Saipan',
# 'Pacific/Samoa',
# 'Pacific/Tahiti',
# 'Pacific/Tarawa',
# 'Pacific/Tongatapu',
# 'Pacific/Truk',
# 'Pacific/Wake',
# 'Pacific/Wallis',
# 'Pacific/Yap',
# 'PLT',
# 'PNT',
# 'Poland',
# 'Portugal',
# 'PRC',
# 'PRT',
# 'PST',
# 'PST8PDT',
# 'ROK',
# 'Singapore',
# 'SST',
# 'SystemV/AST4',
# 'SystemV/AST4ADT',
# 'SystemV/CST6',
# 'SystemV/CST6CDT',
# 'SystemV/EST5',
# 'SystemV/EST5EDT',
# 'SystemV/HST10',
# 'SystemV/MST7',
# 'SystemV/MST7MDT',
# 'SystemV/PST8',
# 'SystemV/PST8PDT',
# 'SystemV/YST9',
# 'SystemV/YST9YDT',
# 'Turkey',
# 'UCT',
# 'Universal',
# 'US/Alaska',
# 'US/Aleutian',
# 'US/Arizona',
# 'US/Central',
# 'US/Eastern',
# 'US/East-Indiana',
# 'US/Hawaii',
# 'US/Indiana-Starke',
# 'US/Michigan',
# 'US/Mountain',
# 'US/Pacific',
# 'US/Pacific-New',
# 'US/Samoa',
# 'UTC',
# 'VST',
# 'WET',
# 'W-SU',
# 'Zul',
]

Europe/Berlin is not commented out here.
If you copy the python script (select the tick box and press the copys button at the end of the list),
navigate to the Zope /Custom Folder and paste it here (paste button at the end of the content list) there should be a copy
of that script in Custom. Remove the # before any timezone you want to use and place a # before any timezone you want to hide.
Do not forget to press the 'Save Changes' button to save your changes.
Reopen the Schedule window and the timezones option field shoud show the options you configured.

Regards
Dieter

robert....@rcom-i.co.uk

Mar 31, 2014, 10:11:54 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dieter,
  I see where I went wrong now.  Ronald said to use URL: http://<IP or hostname>:<Port>/SDMS/manage.  It should have been
http://<IP or hostname>:<Port>/manage.  Basically, I copied and changed the wrong version of the file.

  I've updated all of my schedules now to use BST.  However, in October I'm going to have to set them all back to GMT.  Is it possible for Schedulix to automatically take into account daylight saving time and adjust the schedules without my interaction?

  Regards

Rob

Ronald Jeninga

Mar 31, 2014, 10:13:15 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

I hate to say this, but you must have missed something. I just tried myself according to the recipe I wrote and it worked flawlessly.
There are a few mistakes that are easily made:

1. Forgotten to save the python script after editing
    This sounds trivial, but it wouldn't be the first time it happens to me. Even Dieter, the Zope guru, forgets it every now and then.
    It's like cutting your finger. You know you shouldn't do it, but still it happens.

2. Forget to close windows (or tabs)
    The windows/tabs that are open don't reload on Zope code changes. In order to reload, you can either do a right click and select reload, but the better method is to simply close it and open it again.
    It's the difference between mostly and always.

Of course it's possible you missed something else, but that's hard to say from here.

If you checked the two possible causes and it still doesn't work, we'll have to do some more thorough digging.
It's always possible, I do things automatically without thinking, although they're not as evident as one could think. (14 years of conditioning).

Regards,

Ronald

Ronald Jeninga

Mar 31, 2014, 11:00:43 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

it's all a matter of interpretation, but basically you run into a mistake which I missed because of my 14 years of conditioning. It's not very obvious that you have to click the slash if you want to return to the root (Start at SDMS (copy) -> then / -> then Common (paste) ). I'm sorry I didn't explain that clearly. Never mind, you got it working now. At least the GUI shows BST.
The problem with BST though is that it is a different time zone than GMT (it's GMT+1). Neither GMT nor BST take DST transitions into account.

The time zone you want to use is Europe/London
This time zone automatically does the DST transition in both directions:

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/zoneinfo.tzc?tz=Europe/London

So I'm afraid you'll have to redo your work again. I'm sorry about that too.

Regards,

Ronald

robert....@rcom-i.co.uk

Mar 31, 2014, 11:33:46 AM3/31/14
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ronald.

Timezone is now set to Europe/London.

Ronald, Dieter, great support as always.

Regards

Rob