Schedule a job every day at specific time and one job in every 15 min?

saloni mittal

Feb 8, 2019, 6:26:51 AM2/8/19
to schedulix
Hi,

I want to schedule a job everyday at 5:30 PM IST and one job in every 15 minutes of a day.

How to do it?

Can you please help me with this.

Thank you,
Saloni

Ronald Jeninga

Feb 8, 2019, 6:40:48 AM2/8/19
to schedulix
Hi Saloni,

The job to schedule should be master submitable. (i.e. you must be able to submit it manually).
If this is the case you'll find an active button that looks a bit like a calendar with a clock in the button bar. (6th button from the right, if I counted correctly).
After pressing that button the time scheduling editor is opened.

To start at 5:30pm every day, the definition as in the screen shot below ould work:

TS_530pm.png

The other job that has to run every 15 minutes is equally easy:

TS_all15mins.png

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ronald

saloni mittal

Feb 8, 2019, 7:04:15 AM2/8/19
to schedulix
Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the quick reponse.

Is it work like if I have scheduled today at 5:30 PM then it will start working from tomorrow? or it will start today itself?

Ronald Jeninga

Feb 8, 2019, 7:13:40 AM2/8/19
to schedulix
Hi Saloni,

it depends. If you define the schedule before 5:30pm it'll launch today. If you define it past 5:30, it'll launch tomorrow.
There is a bug in the Calendar function that sometimes swallows the next execution time.
I am currently working on that issue.
This bug doesn't actually have any consequences other than confusing users. The engine only relies on the data in the schedules, not on the pre-calculated data stored in the Calendar table.

If you set the Calendar to inactive, it'll show only the next time of execution, which is today in my time zone.

Best regards,

Ronald

saloni mittal

Feb 25, 2019, 7:19:40 AM2/25/19
to schedulix
Hi Ronald,

If I will Schedule a job in Schedulix for every 1 hour. Will it run everyday or we need to daily schedule it for every day?

Thank you,
Saloni

Dieter Stubler

Feb 25, 2019, 7:58:25 AM2/25/19
to schedulix
Hi Saloni,

When you use 'repeat 1 hour' in your schedule it will run every hour.
You only need additional intervals like 'day of week', if it should not always run every hour.

Regards
Dieter

saloni mittal

Feb 26, 2019, 1:25:16 AM2/26/19
to schedulix
Hi Dieter,

Thank you. It is working as according to business requirement.

Thank you,
Saloni