Schedulix repo doesn't work with redhat 9.4

fab...@gmail.com

May 7, 2024, 4:27:48 PMMay 7
to schedulix
Hi,

i tried to install schedulix using rpm on redhat 9.4 and it doesn';t work.
i got this error:

Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'schedulix': repomd.xml parser error: Parse error at line: 7 (Entity 'rsaquo' not defined
)

So i compiled the sources and everything went ok.

Thanks
Fabio

Ronald Jeninga

May 8, 2024, 3:01:02 AMMay 8
to schedulix
Hi Fabio,

the reason it doesn't work is that I didn't have time to migrate my rpm scripts to RH9 yet.
Hence there is no metadata yet.
I plan to do this in the near future, but it is possible that it'll take me until summer.
That depends a bit on what has changed between RH8 and RH9 and on the number of high priority interrupts.
It is mainly the testing that is pretty time consuming.

Still, it is good to read that you've been able to compile the system yourself and got it running on RH9.

If you feel like supporting us with the creation of RH9 rpms, it is easy to create rpms yourself.
On RH9 you'll need to add a file called lib/centos9.spec. I'd use lib/centos8.spec as a starting point and simply copy it.
Then you do a

    cd $SDMSHOME/src
    make rpm

and look what happens.
It should start with a compile of the system. Then it'll create a tgz file, from which the rpms are built.
Naturally you'll need some additional software. Mainly rpm-build rpm-libs rpmdevtools and rpm-sign.
As soon as you've built the rpms, the testing starts:
    Can I install?
    Can I upgrade?
    Can I update?
    Does it work with both Postgres and Mariadb (and MySQL)?

It is possible that you have to modify the scripts (which are in lib too).
That's fine but you'd need to preserve backward compatibility.
If that is not possible for whatever reason, copy the script and address it in your centos9.spec file.
Naturally, if you've amended one of the scripts, it'll be important to test the installation on RH8 as well.

Best regards,

Ronald

fab...@gmail.com

May 8, 2024, 6:52:21 AMMay 8
to schedulix
Thanks Ronald,

i will give a try, to see what happens!

Best regards,
Fabio

Ronald Jeninga

May 9, 2024, 3:59:00 AMMay 9
to schedulix
I'm curious about your findings. Please keep me updated.
And if we have to discuss a technical solution, we can do that by private mails (and maybe post the results here).

Best regards,

Ronald