Start server but not send any jobs or batch to the jobservers

Alonso Gómez

Sep 6, 2019, 4:34:35 AM9/6/19
to schedulix
Hello group,

How can I start schedulix server but it not send any jobs and batchs to the jobservers? Can I update some data en the database to do this situation?

I would like to start schedulix server and this not execute nothing scheduled.

Regards.

Dieter Stubler

Sep 6, 2019, 5:02:43 AM9/6/19
to sche...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alonso,

first, NEVER do any updates to the schedulix repository.
There are too much ways to mess up things when you do not exactly know what you are doing.
Apply changes only by the GUI or issuing schedulix API commands.

To start the schedulix server without executing any jobs you have to:

1. shutdown the server if it is up (server-stop)
2. start the server in protected mode (server-start -protected)
3. Apply your changes
4. shutdown the server again (server-stop)
5. restart it normally (server-start)

Have a look into the schedulix Command Reference for details.

Regards
dieter

Alonso Gómez

Sep 17, 2019, 6:18:33 AM9/17/19
to schedulix
Hi Dieter,

Thank you for your response...

Now, I want to stop scheduled jobs and batch for a specific jobserver... I have two scopes, and every scope has a server who launch the jobs and batch... How can I stop scheduled for a scope-server group...?
Inside "Jobserver and Resource", the property "Enabled" for the "Server" is disabled, but jobs are launched.

Best regards,
Alonso

Dieter Stubler

Sep 18, 2019, 2:53:49 AM9/18/19
to schedulix
Hi Alonso,

I cannot reproduce this behavior (using stable 2.9) but this hasn't changed since a long time.
You cannot disable a job server while there are active jobs.
If disabled it will not launch any jobs. Jobs will enter an ERROR state 'cannot run in any scope' if there is no other jobserver capable to execute the job.
Maybe you have an other job server fulfilling the resource requirements (including its ENVIRONMENT) executing your job.

You can temporary stop launching of new jobs by suspending the job server without disabling it.
Running jobs will still finish and reported to the schedulix server.

Regards
Dieter

Alonso Gómez

Sep 18, 2019, 1:06:35 PM9/18/19
to schedulix
Good afternoon Dieter,

You said me: "You can temporary stop launching of new jobs by suspending the job server without disabling it. Running jobs will still finish and reported to the schedulix server."

I suspending the jobserver and has it enabled. But schedulix server are showing new jobs and batch in Running Master Jobs (this jobs have enable "Master Active" in Schedules section).

Are there a way to disabling that schedulix server send all jobs and batch inside an environment, independently if "Master Active" in Schedules section is enable or not?

Thank you.

Dieter Stubler

Sep 18, 2019, 3:47:30 PM9/18/19
to schedulix
Hello Alonso,

Schedules Master Active controls whether the schedulix Time Scheduling System will submit the job owning the schedule. This is completely independent from the state of any job server. A submit tells the system a master job or batch to execute. Those jobs and batches show up in the master list.

schedulix determines resource requirements of jobs from their environment, footprint and the jobs required resources and then assigns them to job server(s) able to fulfill all of those requirements. This may help to explain why their is no direct connection between environments and job servers. Environments are just collections of resource requirements for static resources, the server uses together with other resource requirements to select the job server(s) which may execute the job.

After all dependencies are fulfilled and all resource are allocated the job will enter a RUNNABLE state.

No job is executed unless one of the assigned job server(s) fetches the job for execute.
This will not happen if the job server(s) is/are not running, disabled or suspended.

When enabling or disabling a job server you have to Click the 'Update' button to store the new setting.
A job server which is disabled (unset enabled check box and 'Update') or suspended (button with red hand) will not launch jobs.

To control which jobs/batches to submit by the time scheduling has to done there.
Again 2.9 offers a bunch of new features in time scheduling making this easy.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards
Dieter