Monitor of jobs or batchs suspends

Alonso Gómez

Mar 22, 2019, 7:44:36 AM3/22/19
to schedulix
Hi,

Is there any chance to show or trigger a job when schedulix has suspended jobs or batches? If the answer is affirmative, can I activate and alert when the job or the barch is suspended more than x seconds?

Thank you.

Ronald Jeninga

Mar 25, 2019, 5:13:20 AM3/25/19
to schedulix
Hi Alonso,

I'm afraid there's no built-in support for this requirement.
But it is possible to build something alike yourself.

One possibility is to query the underlying database.
The view SCI_SUBMITTED_ENTITY contains a columns that is related to your requirement:
IS_SUSPENDED

The column IS_SUSPENDED can have 3 values
ADMINSUSPEND
SUSPEND
NOSUSPEND

The ADMINSUSPEND can only be set by an administrator, i.e. a user that belongs to the group ADMIN.
The job is suspended but can only be resumed by an administrator.
The other two values have an obvious meaning, I think.

It is a bit harder to find out how long a certain job has been suspended.
You'll need the STATISTIC_TS column to evaluate this.
It contains the number of seconds after submit time, times 10.
The last digit encodes "which time is running" (but if you already know that a job is suspended and it doesn't have a restartable state, it will be the suspend time the system is measuring).

Hence you could write a small script that does the query and submits jobs if needed.

What is the problem you are actually trying to solve?

Best regards,

Ronald

Alonso Gómez

Mar 25, 2019, 11:18:56 AM3/25/19
to schedulix
Hi Ronal,

I only want to trigger an alert if we forget suspend jobs or batchs... I'm goint to write an script to do that like you teach me.

Thank you.