Displaying correct time in Schedulix WebServer

Juraj Bocinec

Jun 25, 2020, 4:08:09 AM6/25/20
to schedulix
Greetings,

we noticed that suddenly the times in the Monitor Batches and Jobs window in the WebServer UI are shifted 1 hour backwards. So schedule that started at 9:00 is displayed as started at 8:00, see screenshot:

This schedule was started at 9:00 really as we can see from the timestamp of the log on the server itself:

lv23013 work # ls -l 17641.log
-rw-rw-r--. 1 schedulix schedulix 74 Jun 25 09:00 17641.log

I have checked the timezone settings for Schedulix WebServer users but they have all set Europe/Berlin or Europe/Prague. Also on the server where schedulix is running the timezone is set to Europe/Prague and displays correct time. We've found in mail history from some screenshots that back on 16.4.2020 the times in this window were still displayed correctly so it couldn't have been the time shift to summer time which occured earlier at the end of March already.

Does anyone have a clue what setting should i check so this window will display correct time? I tried under <schedulix-srv>:8080/manage but there is a lot of settings and i don't feel comfortable clicking there without knowledge what i'm doing so i don't break anything :)

Thank you.

Dieter Stubler

Jul 2, 2020, 7:00:21 AM7/2/20
to schedulix
Hello,

just checked on schedulix 2.9 and cannot reproduce the problem.
which version do you use ?
Regards
Dieter

Juraj Bocinec

Jul 2, 2020, 7:15:33 AM7/2/20
to schedulix
Greetings, we use 2.9 but we solved this problem by restarting the whole server (not just schedulix service). Now the times are displayed correctly. I'm not sure however how did this happen, since i don't log in too often because the jobs work reliably.

Dieter Stubler

Jul 2, 2020, 7:25:13 AM7/2/20
to schedulix
Hello,

very difficult to guess  what causes the problem.
One possibility is that python and or java timezone data has been out of data, messing up timezone transformation on daylight saving time.
Had this kind of problem on a Windows machine some weeks ago.
After rebooting all time calculation worked consistent again.
Its just a guess

Regards
Dieter