rpm repository

Ronald Jeninga

Jan 31, 2017, 11:01:01 AM1/31/17
to schedulix
Hi all,

I just finished setting up an rpm repository. :-)

Basically the rpms are built either on a RHEL7 or CentOS7 and will flawlessly install on those platforms.
It is very likely they will install on other rpm based distributions like SLES, Fedora, or older versions of RHEL and CentOS as well.

If anyone would like to test the other platforms and give a feedback, that would be great.

I used a self signed certificate to sign the rpms. You'll have to acknowledge the validity f the public key on first install.

In order to teach your computer to access the schedulix repository, you'll have to add a file in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory.
It should contain:

[schedulix]
name=schedulix
baseurl=http://www.independit.de/repo/centos/$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://www.independit.de/repo/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-schedulix

Now if you want to install the rpms on other platforms, you might have to replace $releasever and/or $basearch (be careful with the latter).
We have rpms for different architectures:

x86_64  - $releasever = 7
ppc64le - $releasever = 7Server
ppc64   - $releasever = 7Server
s390x   - $releasever = 7Server

Currently the latest build of version 2.7 is available for all mentioned platforms.

The system is split into 7 different rpms:
schedulix-base  required by everything else except schedulix-doc
schedulix-client  the package needed for the installation of jobservers
schedulix-server-pg  the schedulix server based on a PostgreSQL DBMS; conflicts with schedulix-server-mariadb
schedulix-server-mariadb  the schedulix server based on a MariaDB or MySQL DBMS; conflicts with server-schedulix-pg
schedulix-zope  the package that installs and populates the zope server. Note: an Internet connection is required for installation
schedulix-doc  the package that installs the documentation files
schedulix-examples  the package that installs the examples. Note: the swt.jar is requires (eclipse-swt). This package isn't available on RHEL7 and CentOS7

Enjoy!

Best regards,

Ronald