SYSTEM password change

Pablo Maldonado

Aug 4, 2021, 6:29:13 PM8/4/21
to schedulix
Hello,

I have the following query for schedulix 2.10

When I want to change the SYSTEM password in Schedulix 2.10 with the method of changing it in server.conf and then from the application with the user sdmsadm, it tells me:

"Insufficient privileges"

What can be the motive.

Thank you

Pablo Maldonado
ERROR.png

Ronald Jeninga

Aug 6, 2021, 1:11:36 AM8/6/21
to schedulix
Hi Pablo,

I've just tried to change the password of the user SYSTEM and I didn't run into a privilege issue.
Naturally you need to use a User that is Member of the ADMIN Group in order to be able to change the SYSTEM password.

Having said this, It didn't behave quite the way I'd like to, so I'll have to fix that.
If I use the user SYSTEM to change its own password, it does it wrong and I had to restart the server after the password change.
This of course shouldn't be necessary.
I've already spotted the flawed part of the code, but I'll need some time to fix (and for all test) it.

Currently I'm out of office,  but I'm confident I'll be able to repair this soon.

Sorry for the hassle.

Best regards,

Ronald

Ronald Jeninga

Aug 6, 2021, 1:22:57 AM8/6/21
to schedulix
small add-on: I did another test and changed the password of the SYSTEM user while connected as another user (also member of the ADMIN group of course).
It worked without issues and I didn't have to restart the server to effectively change the password.
So that can be used as a workaround for the ugly flaw.

Best regards,

Ronald

Pablo Maldonado

Aug 6, 2021, 4:11:41 PM8/6/21
to schedulix
Hi Ronald,

 Thanks for the answer, I am going to test it, as well as I am going to try to lift the app with Zope5

 Thanks

Pablo Maldonado