Two Schedulix servers running scripts from the same agent

aked...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2020, 10:59:57 AM10/2/20
to schedulix
Hello,
I have been tasked with getting a second Schedulix server to be able to run scripts on a server that already has a Schedulix agent installed. We are in the process of transitioning jobs over to the new server and want to have both servers be able to run the jobs as we cutover. Is there a good way to accomplish this task?

Thank you,
Andrew

Ronald Jeninga

Oct 5, 2020, 10:30:17 AM10/5/20
to schedulix
Hi Andrew,

depending on the exact requirements a copy of the database of the already running system could save you a lot of work.
You throw away what you don't need and maybe make a few small changes to the things you need (e.g. the jobservers/agents).

But that's only a one time option. And without further information I can't tell if it is the right approach.
It might make the tedious task of transitioning job definitions from one system to another bearable though.
If this kind of tasks are expected to be more the rule than the exception just forget about this suggestion.
In that case I'd suggest a private chat (by e-mail).

Since the jobservers only know about a single schedulix server, you'll have to create another one that knows the new system.
It is no problem at all to have multiple agents running on a single host.
A jobserver is a piece of software with a pretty small footprint which I'd compare with a shell that is running.

I'm sorry I can't give you any better information right now.

Best regards,

Ronald