installing schedulator

chris...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2007, 7:04:08 PM11/27/07
to Schedulator
I'm not a C# developer, but I've checked out the source code and have
no idea how to build this. Is there any installation instructions out
there? Even rough notes as to what software that I'd need to install
on OS X or Linux, so when I type:
make

It will compile. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

Chris

--
Christopher D. Gokey
NASA Global Change Master Directory

Avery Pennarun

Nov 27, 2007, 9:11:52 PM11/27/07
to sched...@googlegroups.com
On 27/11/2007, chris...@gmail.com <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not a C# developer, but I've checked out the source code and have
> no idea how to build this. Is there any installation instructions out
> there? Even rough notes as to what software that I'd need to install
> on OS X or Linux, so when I type:
> make
>
> It will compile. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

Basically you just need mono to be installed. Virtually any modern
distribution should have this. Try installing the "monodevelop"
package to get everything you should need (plus more).

If you're having specific errors, please post them here.

Have fun,

Avery

Pierre Phaneuf

Nov 27, 2007, 9:52:22 PM11/27/07
to sched...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 27, 2007 9:11 PM, Avery Pennarun <apen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically you just need mono to be installed. Virtually any modern
> distribution should have this. Try installing the "monodevelop"
> package to get everything you should need (plus more).

On Ubuntu, I installed a "mono-dev" package, if I recall, maybe it's
the same on Debian? Also, there was some pretty ugly fiddling with
ODBC drivers. Specifically, the package for the MySQL ODBC driver was
bungled up (all the others installed themselves fully, but the MySQL
one left some steps missing, and I had to mess with some more
things)...

--
http://pphaneuf.livejournal.com/