Tasks not marking as "complete"

Joe Mason

Mar 20, 2007, 12:41:30 AM3/20/07
to Schedulator
Last week I installed Schedulator at work - no bug db behind it (need
to write a Bugzilla plugin, and the holdup there is Bugzilla's lack of
API) so I just have the log plugin loaded for persistance and I'm
tracking all my tasks by adding them as strings.

I can't find any way to mark them complete - there's a column of what
look like checkboxes to the left, but clicking them has no effect so I
can't tell if there supposed to do anything or if they're just
bullets. Setting the time elapsed equal to the time estimated doesn't
gray out the bug or anything.

I assume the C# one works like the old one did for finished tasks - am
I missing a plugin or something?

Avery Pennarun

Apr 21, 2007, 9:37:27 AM4/21/07
to Schedulator
Sorry for the delay replying to this - it seems that Google Groups was
on the fritz and mostly not sending out emails to the list at the time
this was posted...

> Last week I installed Schedulator at work - no bug db behind it (need
> to write a Bugzilla plugin, and the holdup there is Bugzilla's lack of
> API) so I just have the log plugin loaded for persistance and I'm
> tracking all my tasks by adding them as strings.

If it were me, I'd just query Bugzilla's database directly and forget
about an API. It's unlikely that Bugzilla's database schema (at least
the parts Schedulator would use) will go through any really major
changes that would break what you need.

> I can't find any way to mark them complete - there's a column of what
> look like checkboxes to the left, but clicking them has no effect so I
> can't tell if there supposed to do anything or if they're just
> bullets. Setting the time elapsed equal to the time estimated doesn't
> gray out the bug or anything.
>
> I assume the C# one works like the old one did for finished tasks - am
> I missing a plugin or something?

The new schedulator is a bit different than the old one for finished
tasks. It doesn't assume a task is done just because the estimates
are finished. If you're adding the tasks by hand, you need to add an
attribute to specify *when* the task was done, like this:

* My task [5d 5d done 2007-02-02]

Explicitly stating the done date allows Schedulator to do a bit of
magic with reporting (not all implemented yet, for example, showing
original completion estimates versus actual) that you would otherwise
only be able to do with "real" bugs.

Have fun,

Avery