Lightning talks event March 13-- Call for speakers!

Vivian Griffey

Feb 15, 2024, 1:21:49 PMFeb 15
to scgi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

So good to see some of y'all on Monday at our pre-ESRI conference happy hour! The next event for the SCGIS DC chapter will be a program of lightning talks hosted by Conservation International and we want you to speak! Got a conference talk you need to practice or maybe just wrapped up a big project for a client? Let's sign you up for approximately 10 minutes of talking and get you the practice and recognition you deserve.

When: March 13, 4pm
Where: Conservation International's office at 2011 Crystal Dr #600, Arlington, VA 22202
What: We'll plan for 60-90 minutes of talks and discussion, followed by an optional happy hour nearby (location to be determined).

Please reply to me directly (vsgr...@gmail.com) with your proposed title/topic.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Vivian

Vivian Griffey

Feb 23, 2024, 1:17:07 PMFeb 23
to scgi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

A quick reminder to sign up for a talk! Shoot me (vsgr...@gmail.com) an email with your title or topic and we’ll slot you in.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
Vivian

Vivian Griffey

Mar 6, 2024, 2:20:11 PMMar 6
to scgi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Just a reminder our next event is in 1 week! We have an exciting line-up of speakers, representing Conservation International, Defenders of Wildlife, NatureServe, World Wildlife Fund, and African Wildlife Foundation. As a reminder:

When: March 13, 4pm
Where: Conservation International's office at 2011 Crystal Dr #600, Arlington, VA 22202
What: We'll plan for 60-90 minutes of talks and discussion, followed by an optional happy hour nearby (location to be determined).

I will send one more reminder email next week with further details on the talks as well as information for how to access CI's office.

Hope to see you there!
Vivian

Vivian Griffey

Mar 12, 2024, 2:50:53 PMMar 12
to scgi...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Last reminder for our lightning talk session tomorrow! Our speaker line-up is as follows, along with information on how to access the building.

Laura Nunes, Defenders of Wildlife, "Mapping 5 drivers of biodiversity loss and associations with imperiled biodiversity in the U.S"
David Williams, African Wildlife Foundation, "Democratizing Data Access for Enhanced Decision-making & Collaboration"
Vanessa Mariano da Silva, Conservation International, "Land use analysis of a small town in Brazil: implications for environmental planning, conservation and restoration"
Lori Scott, NatureServe, "Introducing NatureServe Explorer Pro, a tool for accessing critical biodiversity data for North America."

Our event begins at 4pm tomorrow at Conservation International's office, 2011 Crystal Dr #600, Arlington, VA 22202. When you arrive, you can directly take the elevators (there will not be anyone on the ground floor) to the 6th floor to our lobby, where we will have someone there to sign you in and show you the presentation room.

Hope to see you tomorrow!
Vivian