SCGIS Conference Registration is now open: Submit an abstract and register today!

1 view

Janet Nackoney

May 19, 2024, 10:54:35 PMMay 19
to scgi...@googlegroups.com
Hello SCGIS-DC!
We are very excited to announce that registration for the 2024 in-person SCGIS conference, which will be held this year in nearby Shepherdstown WV, is now open!

Please see the information below and register soon to take advantage of the Early Bird and SCGIS member discounts!

In addition, we hope that you will consider presenting your work -- please submit a conference abstract for either an individual session or curated session by May 31st!

This is a really exciting opportunity to get our community together from all over the world. The week's events will include a selection of Technical Workshops, field trips, thematic presentations, networking socials, and a great atmosphere to get to know one another in a woodsy, intimate environment. I hope to see many of you there!

Best,
Janet

From: SCGIS Conference <conferenc...@scgis.org>
Date: May 15, 2024 at 9:07:51 AM EDT
To: SCGIS Listserv <scgi...@scgis.org>
Subject: [SCGIS Listserv] Conference Registration is now open + Abstract and Curated Session Final Extension!

Dear SCGIS Community,

Conference Registration is now open!

The launch of our new website also means that we are able to open our 2024 International Conference Registration! Please click here to go directly to our registration form!

Why should you attend?

  • Learn how to use new tools
  • Network with like-minded professionals
  • Expand your knowledge by participating in panel discussions
  • Experience GIS through a global lens!

Venue: National Conservation Training Center (NCTC), Shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA. NCTC has a fixed rate for accommodations + meals while staying at the venue which is $206 USD. Please visit their website for more information.

Registration Prices:

Early bird registrants (members)

$ 250

Normal registrants (members)

$ 350

Early bird non-member registrants

$ 350

Normal non-member registrants

$ 450

Student early bird registrants

$ 150

Student normal registrants

$ 200

Early Bird Deadline is June 15th.

Conference Abstract Submission and Curated Sessions: Final Extension

Finally, we are going to further extend our deadline for Abstracts and Curated Sessions to May 31st.  We believe that since our registration is only just opening, we would like to give you all extra time.

To submit individual abstracts for presentation (note, in person only), please fill out the Abstract Submission Web form.  We ask that presentations be 12-15 minutes in length with an additional 5 minutes for questions.

**Please note that in order to submit an abstract, you will be prompted to login (or create an account) through Oxford Abstracts. We appreciate you taking this additional step!

We also invite you to submit proposals for a curated session around a topic of interest in conservation GIS.  This could be centered around GIS work by your organization, a multi-organization working group, in a particular geographic area, an SCGIS Chapter, or just a subject you think is important to explore!  SCGIS volunteers will help organize and host the sessions.  We ask you to provide the content.  For further information on this and to submit ideas for sessions, fill out the Curated Session Form.

If you have any questions, please let us know at conferenc...@scgis.org

We look forward to seeing you in September!

SCGIS Conference Committee

The Society for Conservation GIS https://www.scgis.org
Become a member or renew https://www.scgis.org/membership

Follow: