Fwd: Solar Panels Question

Jordan Thompson

May 31, 2015, 4:12:33 PM5/31/15
to scevdrive...@googlegroups.com
Here are a list of recommendations for Solar PV and water installers in Brevard.

Phil says:
I just realized that I mis-typed the name of the owner of the SES office here in Brevard.  His name is Carl Moody, and his office number is: 321-253-3232.

Dave says:

Brevard Solar (Jim Spann) installed our 5,000w system in late-2013. We are very pleased with the installation (the FPL rebate that was available at the time didn't hurt either).

David says:

Brevard Solar (http://brevardsolar.com/) did a great job installing the 10,000w system we just put on our house.

Here is Solar Energy Systems Of Brevard's web site: http://321gosolar.com/homepage/

Phil says:

Our PV system was installed by the Ft. Pierce Office of Solar Energy Systems (SES). That office is run by Bob Zrallak, one of the top solar PV guys in Florida. He actually wrote the manual for PV installation in Florida, and is highly respected by friends of mine at both the Florida Solar Energy Center and The Florida Solar Energy Industry Association. His team was excellent. On time — by the book — on contract.

Our Domestic Solar Hot Water system was done by Carl Mooney of Solar Energy Systems of Brevard. He did not do PV back in 2008, when we had our system installed, but he does do PV now. He’s also sharp, and honest, and I feel very comfortable recommending him. Again: On time — by the book — on contract. They’ve done some follow-up work since the original installation, and I really like them.

Neither of these guys are going out of business anytime soon. In a tough industry with lots of inexperienced installers, you can trust both of them. I do. If your friend calls them, tell them that I made the recommendation — I always like to refer folks to them. I recommended them to my sister, who’s planning to do PV in a big way next year.

David says:

Solar Energy Systems of Brevard did great work for us, but It's been a couple of years since we contacted them.

Gabriel says:

Climatic Solar out of Vero Beach does the best job, but they aren't cheap.

Ken says:

Solar Energy Systems on US1 in Melbourne has a good reputation and has been in the same spot for a long time. Carl is the owner. Tell him I sent you.;-)

Jordan says:

Solar Energy Systems of Brevard (Car is the owner.) 321-777-3280. When you talk to them, mention my name.

Carl is a really nice guy. I have solar hot water and have had to use him for parts and advice. I am having him quote a very large commercial system for my brother-in-law in Orlando. I am expecting the price to be around $200K when all is said an done (after tax breaks and any incentives) (but they'll make it back in a couple of years as their bill is over $6K/month!)
BTW, I just found out that FPL does offer time of use metering. Won't help in your situation unless you get the panels, get the Tesla home batteries, or the house is empty during the day...
I am thinking seriously about adding it to my bill since I normally generate at the peak times and consume during the off peak times.
BTW, if you need any roof work, do it right before they put on the panels. You can bundle the cost with the panels and get 30% back on the roof work also...
Michael says:
I used and recommend Jim Spann at Brevard Solar. Office number is 321 729-0207 and his cell is 727 599-7328. They do more installations than anyone else in Brevard County. Great workmanship at a fair price. I have know Jim for years and recommended more than 30 customers to him. Tell him Mike Z sent you and you’ll be treated extra
Alex says:
I used Brevard Solar. The owner is Sam Cochran. When you talk to them, mention Alex's name