SCB AGM and Planting for Butterflies

SCB Brisbane-UQ Chapter

Oct 4, 2019, 12:50:31 AM10/4/19
to scb...@googlegroups.com

Dear SCB UQ Brisbane member,

It's a gentle reminder about our upcoming AGM and Planting event. Below is the detailed message, in case anyone missed the last email.

SCB will be hosting free pizza/our Annual General Meeting on the 22nd of October at 4 pm in the UQ Pizza Cafe. Come along to grab some pizza, hear about what the club has achieved this year and vote or participate in our executive elections.

There is another exciting event to share with you all. We will start planting at our restoration areas at 1 PM on the same day that will follow butterfly walking. Come join us at the corner of Thynne and Sir William McGregor Road!

To signal your attendance at the pizza (so we have an idea of how many to order), please register here: https://bit.ly/2lZYJ0q.

Being the end of the year, it's time to vote for our team to lead the club next year. As such, nominations for executive positions are now open until midnight on the 20th of October. An executive position is a great opportunity to get involved with SCB, meet new people and add a nice section to your resume. The positions that are available for nomination are:

President

Vice President

Secretary

Treasurer

Conservation Officer

Governance Officer

If you would like to nominate for a position, please respond to this email with your full name, position you are interested in and a few sentences on why you consider yourself a suitable candidate. Late nominations will not be accepted so get in as soon as you can! Elections will take place during our Annual General Meeting at the UQ Pizza Cafe.

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,
SCB UQ Board.