github repository.

geneb

Nov 20, 2012, 11:00:54 AM11/20/12
to scarl...@googlegroups.com
The repo is set up at https://github.com/geneb/ScarletDME

It's current as of June 20th, 2012. This update came from my local
checkout when I was finishing work on the Makefile and making sure the
builds operated properly across Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian and Mint.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

Ashley Chapman

Nov 20, 2012, 3:19:30 PM11/20/12
to scarl...@googlegroups.com
Good work Gene.  Seems to work okay as far as I've checked.

Ashley Chapman

geneb

Nov 20, 2012, 4:00:04 PM11/20/12
to scarl...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 20 Nov 2012, Ashley Chapman wrote:

> Good work Gene. Seems to work okay as far as I've checked.

Glad to hear it.

Diccon tesson

Nov 21, 2012, 6:47:54 AM11/21/12
to scarletdme
Nice one. I'll grab a copy.
Any word on the Wiki? I did some initial searching on Media wiki to github imports nothing leapt out at me. :(

geneb

Nov 21, 2012, 11:02:05 AM11/21/12
to scarletdme
On Wed, 21 Nov 2012, Diccon tesson wrote:

> Nice one. I'll grab a copy.
> Any word on the Wiki? I did some initial searching on Media wiki to github
> imports nothing leapt out at me. :(

I'm still in the process of trying to get a system configured so I can do
something with the virtual machine (qcow2) files that Steve sent me.

Diccon tesson

Nov 21, 2012, 12:31:14 PM11/21/12
to scarletdme
Yikes, thats no fun. Setting up a fake VM server to recover some files.
Is there a way of mounting the drive on an existing system via the FS rather than booting it? Might save greif.

Diccon tesson

Nov 21, 2012, 12:32:23 PM11/21/12
to scarletdme
This might help:
^Exactly what I was thinking of.

geneb

Nov 21, 2012, 10:47:13 PM11/21/12
to scarletdme
On Wed, 21 Nov 2012, Diccon tesson wrote:

> Yikes, thats no fun. Setting up a fake VM server to recover some files.
> Is there a way of mounting the drive on an existing system via the FS
> rather than booting it? Might save greif.

I tried that. It worked on one of the files, but not the other one. I
can make them available to you if you want to play with them.

Ashley Chapman

Nov 22, 2012, 3:41:13 AM11/22/12
to scarl...@googlegroups.com
If you get nowhere by Friday, I can try on a spare machine of mine.

How big are the VM image files?

Ash

Ashley Chapman

geneb

Nov 22, 2012, 2:11:49 PM11/22/12
to scarl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, Ashley Chapman wrote:

> If you get nowhere by Friday, I can try on a spare machine of mine.
>
> How big are the VM image files?

They're about 8GB total. I'm not going to be working on it today or
tomorrow - holiday and other projects in the queue.